[Teas] Eric Rescorla's No Objection on draft-ietf-teas-lsp-diversity-08: (with COMMENT)

Eric Rescorla <ekr@rtfm.com> Wed, 30 August 2017 20:20 UTC

From: Eric Rescorla <ekr@rtfm.com>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-teas-lsp-diversity@ietf.org, teas-chairs@ietf.org, lberger@labn.net, teas@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 13:20:52 -0700
Subject: [Teas] Eric Rescorla's No Objection on draft-ietf-teas-lsp-diversity-08: (with COMMENT)

Eric Rescorla has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-teas-lsp-diversity-08: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-lsp-diversity/

COMMENT:

I'm not sure that the security considerations here are accurate. Specifically,
the PAS seems like it might potentially leak information about paths, because
if I am able to learn someone else's PAS values, I can tell if they are routed
along the same paths as I am. Is that correct? If so, it seems like it might be
useful to recommend self-encrypting PAS values so that two identical paths
given to separate people have different PAS values.

Also, it seems like it S 2.3 would be clearer if you factored out the algorithm
for processing the XRO values from the differential treatment depending on the
L bit. Perhaps you could just have one list and use [SHOULD (L=1), MUST(L=0)]
or something?