Re: [Teas] Two more examples for draft-ietf-teas-ietf-network-slices

"Dongjie (Jimmy)" <jie.dong@huawei.com> Wed, 03 August 2022 08:47 UTC

From: "Dongjie (Jimmy)" <jie.dong@huawei.com>
To: "adrian@olddog.co.uk" <adrian@olddog.co.uk>, "teas@ietf.org" <teas@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2022 08:47:17 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.112.40.66]
Subject: Re: [Teas] Two more examples for draft-ietf-teas-ietf-network-slices

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for proposing text for the hierarchical and multi-domain E2E network slice cases. They look good to me in general, and I agree with adding them as examples to the slice framework draft.

Here are a few clarification comments:

1. The example in figure 10 talks about "bridging connectivity", which is a little confusing to me. My reading is that figure gives an example of using hierarchical network slices to provide the connectivity with required SLA/SLO to an upper layer network slice, then I'm not sure whether it needs to be called something special as "Bridge Connectivity". Or maybe I misunderstood something about this case?

2. In the description about the coordination of multiple intra-domain network slices, it is suggested to make some change to the following sentence to align with the network slice definition:

  Old: The coordination activity involves binding the SDPs, and hence the connectivity constructs, to achieve end-to-end connectivity.

  Proposed: The coordination activity involves binding the SDPs, and hence the connectivity constructs, to achieve end-to-end connectivity with the required SLA and SLO.

Best regards,
Jie