Re: [Teas] draft-wd-teas-transport-slice-yang-01 - Mike question

Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com> Thu, 23 April 2020 17:51 UTC

From: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>
To: 'Dhruv Dhody' <dhruv.ietf@gmail.com>
Cc: 'TEAS WG' <teas@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2020 13:51:29 -0400
Subject: Re: [Teas] draft-wd-teas-transport-slice-yang-01 - Mike question

Dhruv:

Thanks for the quick response.     I'll consider your model as a customer model
per RFC8345.

The L2SM Yang model (RFC8466) and the L3SM Yang Model
 spend a great deal of time talking about connections to sites
from different perspectives.  See section 5.6 in RFC8466.
See section 6.6 in section 8049.
Your draft does not provide the same level of detail.

Perhaps this is coming.

The issue I find unclear is exactly how the TS End point
is indicated based on  RFC8345 (slide 15 your presentation)

Your draft states in Section 5:

  "A TS End Point is a logical entity at an external Interface of the
   transport network to a customer site. "

And section 5.1 you indicate this logical entity can be:
distinct physical connection, L2 logical connection, tunnel

Then you state:   "Based on this, the end point
in this model could represents the following options:"

   o  A slice interface of a customer site: the "node-id" and "tp-id"
      under the "ts-endpoint" can be specified

   o  A slice interface of the transport network: the "node-id" and "tp-
      id" under the "ts-endpoint" can be specified, and "site-access-
      parameters" can be used to specify the attached customer site.

   o  The subset of traffic through the particular interface connected to
      the transport network, either at the customer site or the
      transport network: besides the "node-id" and "tp-id", the "ts-
      traffic-criteria" is needed

If you are a customer model,  does this model that the
end-point definition covers all these cases by
providing more details depending to indicate the
 logical connection underneath?

Is this simply a way of stating you use
RFC8345's logical links through to a different layer?
(see figure 2 and 3 in RFC8345).

Thank you,  Susan Hares