Agenda for thinosi wg meeting

Peter Furniss <cziwprf@pluto.ulcc.ac.uk> Sun, 21 March 1993 19:15 UTC

Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Peter Furniss <cziwprf@pluto.ulcc.ac.uk>
Subject: Agenda for thinosi wg meeting
To: thinosi@ulcc.ac.uk
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1993 16:07:26 +0000

THINOSI Working Group

First meeting - 9:30 am Thursday 1st April, Columbus IETF, Hyatt
Regency Columbus, Ohio.

We should spend most of our time at this first meeting reviewing the
draft of the "bytestream cookbook", which has been available for
a couple of weeks. It will also be important to make sure we are
happy with the charter - there were a couple of comments on the
draft, but it went through IESG and to approval as drafted (plus
some milestones). One possible outcome of the cookbook review
would be to split it, which would impact the charter.

Nothing has been done yet (by me, at least) on the thin-DAP
cookbook.

Skinny stack/minimal OSI/thinosi is being worked on in other areas
(but not, yet in ISO !) and an informal sharing of this background
information may be interesting (after we've done the stuff we
must do). This may suggest other directions for the further future.

So, draft agenda is:

1: Review bytestream cookbook draft.

Some particular questions are:

Technical

	Should the encoding options in the Presentation and ACSE pci
be removed (risking interworking with non-thinosi)

Should more of the upper-layer facilities be utilised -
presentation context negotiation, obscurer naming elements

Which (if any) of the ACSE user-data fields should we worry
about

Editorial
	Is there too much or too little information in the first part (before
the octet sequences proper). The intention is that this document
should be sufficient to implement, without further reference to
the OSI standards. Is this just a (poor) tutorial on OSI upper-
layers, and/or should it be moved to separate document.
(Particularly if we do succeed in getting the thinosi Directory
cookbook going)

Layout
	How can the octet-sequence specification be made clearer ?

2: Review charter

3: What's going on elsewhere in minimal OSI.

The cookbook draft, the charter and the mail archives are all
available on anon ftp from pluto.ulcc.ac.uk (192.12.72.4),
directory /ulcc/thinosi. With luck I may get a better-laid out
version of the cookbook there during next week.

Other topics, or questions on the cookbook anyone ? (or indeed,
answers to the questions )

See you in Columbus

Peter Furniss