Re: [TICTOC] PTP Enterprise Profile draft

"Rodrigues, Silvana" <Silvana.Rodrigues@idt.com> Tue, 05 March 2013 03:08 UTC

From: "Rodrigues, Silvana" <Silvana.Rodrigues@idt.com>
To: Stefano Ruffini <stefano.ruffini@ericsson.com>, Doug Arnold <darnold@symmetricom.com>, "tictoc@ietf.org" <tictoc@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 03:07:16 +0000
x-originating-ip: [157.165.140.139]
Subject: Re: [TICTOC] PTP Enterprise Profile draft

Doug,

Thanks for the draft. I also agree with Stefano's comment and I have a few additional comments.

Item 3 and 4 from Stefano's email below, I think that there is a need to add some warning in the text, as the way it is written, it does look like that  if this profile is implemented over any network the 1us requirement will be met.

Section 10, it states that slave may use an Acceptable Master list. How this will work when transparent clocks are used and the source address in the TCs are changed to the TC source address? The Slave will no longer have the source address of the masters.

Section 12, it states that Unicast negotiation is forbidden. How the packet rate will be negotiated between the master and slave for Unicast Mode?

Thanks,

Silvana