RE: [TICTOC] preparatory material for new TICTOC charter

"STUART VENTERS" <stuart.venters@adtran.com> Mon, 22 October 2007 18:20 UTC

Subject: RE: [TICTOC] preparatory material for new TICTOC charter
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 13:18:05 -0500
From: STUART VENTERS <stuart.venters@adtran.com>
To: Yaakov Stein <yaakov_s@rad.com>
Cc: tictoc@ietf.org

Yaakov,

Looks great overall, I just have a couple of minor nits.

Is SSM about management, automatic clock routing, or more likely both?
  (Although I don't know how to handle it better,
    I'm wondering if mentioning SSM with 4, but not 2 and 3 is misleading.)

Should performance measurement be broken into 2 parts?
    1) Performance of the time/freq reference provided by TICTOC
    2) Performance required from the network TICTOC is running over.

Regards,

Stuart