Re: [TICTOC] Please Comment on Practical Solutions for Encrypted Synchronization Protocol

Cui Yang <cuiyang@huawei.com> Thu, 15 March 2012 06:54 UTC

Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 06:52:52 +0000
From: Cui Yang <cuiyang@huawei.com>
To: Tal Mizrahi <talmi@marvell.com>, "tictoc@ietf.org" <tictoc@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [TICTOC] Please Comment on Practical Solutions for Encrypted Synchronization Protocol

Thanks, Tal and all

The new draft investigates the influence of encryption/decryption to synchronization, and is basically independent from the previous work.
We try to provide a simple and unambiguous informational document to help people who may face to similar problem in practice.
I think there are a few practical solutions, as we have analyzed in the new draft.

The information you mentioned is interesting and helpful, as you have said there exist some products that do this.
We would like to include this (with more details) in the next version.

>If I understand the goal of this draft correctly, it appears to be presenting the motivation for draft-xu-tictoc-ipsec-security-for-synchronization. If this is indeed the case, you may want to consider integrating the two drafts.

We will try to collect more feedback from the WG in the coming Paris meeting to decide whether we will spend more time on the previous draft,
draft-xu-tictoc-ipsec-security-for-synchronization .

Thanks,
Yang
Yang Cui,  Ph.D.
Huawei Technologies