Re: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Tools Call Agenda -- 9 July 2019 at 1:00 Eastern

Liz Flynn <lflynn@amsl.com> Tue, 09 July 2019 22:41 UTC

From: Liz Flynn <lflynn@amsl.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2019 15:41:06 -0700
To: IETF Tools Development <tools-development@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Tools Call Agenda -- 9 July 2019 at 1:00 Eastern

Hi everyone,

Below are my notes from this morning’s tools call, in addition to all of your helpful notes. Thanks everyone!

Liz Flynn
Project Manager / IETF
lflynn@amsl.com

========================

Tools Call Notes -- 9 July 2019

1. Datatracker Projects
  - Expected Datatracker Releases -- Robert and Henrik
    -- https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/browser/trunk/PLAN
  - Python2 to Python3 transition -- Henrik

Henrik: You can see my mail for details; we are close to completion on Python3. It's going fairly smoothly.

Robert: The big thing in Henrik's note is we're going to have to take a look at whether we containerize the Datatracker at this point, or if we run Python3 and containerize the Python2 things. Henrik and I will be working through that.

  - Meeting Application Improvements by IOLA -- Robert

These won't begin until August.

  - IRSG balloting -- Robert

This work is underway.

2. Community & Other Projects
  - Search across the IETF web presence -- Greg
    -- Search over www, datatracker, and mailarchive

Russ: Robert, what would it take to do a search across IETF web presence (datatracker and mail archive)?

Robert: I believe that research was in Greg's hands, not mine.

Alissa: I talked to Greg a bit about this last week and I think he's trying to determine what should drive the requirements. He's working on it but I don't think there's anything to report back yet.

3. RFC Services Projects
  - RPC testing of new RFC format tools -- Heather and Robert

Russ: All new format tools have been in testing for a while.

Alice: We're in full team testing mode and we've been sending Henrik a lot of questions and updating procedures. We have potential style guide updates, FAQ updates, etc. We are elbow-deep.

Robert: Does it all feel like it's moving towards a reasonable conclusion?

Alice: I don't think there are any blockers. I would like to get instructions for people who use text editors where that use specific instructions about vocabulary. We could put it in the FAQ or somewhere with basic information about the install of xmlv3.

Action--Alice will share one they've already figured out on rfc-interest and see if people have figured out how to do it on others.

  - Security Review of RPC Tools -- Robert and Heather

Robert: I'm still in conversation with Heather about when getting the SOW out wouldn't impact the RPC. She's concerned that people bidding will interfere with the RPC during the hard part of the transition. She's pushing to have us wait to issue that RFP until after August.

  - Rendering errata in more useful way -- Robert
    -- Code was updated after some testing
    -- How will it be deployed on rfc-editor.org?

Robert: Heather owns that deployment decision and I suspect it falls into the after-transition bucket.

4. Server Infrastructure
  - IESG discussions of DMARC -- Henrik and Alexey
    -- When do we expect the next release of OpenARC? Ever?

Russ: Last time we were here, Alexey was going to poke the developers.

Henrik: They said they don't have any resources to do this now. New since last time. I haven't seen any grumbles with the current solution, even though it is not optimal. I think we're at the point now where it's really a matter of 'does that working group want their stuff tested?' Rather than 'do we need to get it changed?' It would be a good idea to see if we can gather two or three of the WG people in Montreal and ask them that question face to face.

Action--Henrik will start a thread to arrange something in Montreal, adding Russ.

5. YANG Catalog
  - Putting yangcatalog.org in a Docker container -- Robert

Robert: There is a mostly containerized version running on a test instance. There are some small issues but he's making progress; I still want to go through the exercise of deploying it myself somewhere. We are on track to have it done by the end of the year when that contract ends.

Glen: We can transfer those domains along with the others. I just need whoever the current owner is to unlock them and send me the codes. As soon as I get those I can complete the transfer without issue.

  - Adding features from the yangvalidator project -- Eric

Glen: We have the primary cloud server running, a backup instance, and a remote master backup system. We've got several backups going now.

Alissa: The Trust needs to agree to receive the domain.

Russ: Who carried that message when we did this for Yang catalog? Portia did.

Action--Portia will do the same for yangvalidator.org.

6. SustainIETF.org
  - Transfer domain name to the IETF Trust -- Glen

Russ: We were in the middle of transfer to the Trust and waiting on the transfer code. Are we still waiting?

Glen: Yes. Gregg Lechner has not responded to three emails. I've asked Greg Wood to follow up as well. First email was on June 5.

  - Web page still points to SustainIETF@isoc.org -- Greg

7. Parking Lot
  - Discontinue pipermail email archives -- Robert and Ryan
    -- MHonArc URLs have be redirected to mail-archive

8. AOB

Robert: We've got two SOWs that are close to ready to do something with, modulo Alissa's request for adjusted introductions. Was that forward looking or do you want us to change these?

Alissa: I'd love to see it starting with these, and then we can use similar text for all of them. If there's urgency and that would get in the way, it's not a must-have.

Robert: We're planning on just asking the IDIQ vendors to give us bids for at least one of them. If we get bids from them we'll be good to go. If we have to send it out to general RFP we can build better introductions.

The review tool RFP can go out now.