Re: [Tools-discuss] interim meetings calendar

Michael Richardson <mcr+ietf@sandelman.ca> Thu, 02 March 2017 01:31 UTC

From: Michael Richardson <mcr+ietf@sandelman.ca>
To: Robert Sparks <rjsparks@nostrum.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2017 20:31:44 -0500
Cc: tools-discuss <tools-discuss@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Tools-discuss] interim meetings calendar

{dropping iesg@ from the list}

Robert Sparks <rjsparks@nostrum.com> wrote:
    > Michael - it may not _quite_ be what you're looking for yet, but there is an
    > ics download
    > of the upcoming interim meetings that the datatracker knows about already.

    > On https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/upcoming (which you can navigate to
    > from the menus),
    > there's a [Download as .ics] button. It links to
    > https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/upcoming.ics,
    > which you can subscribe to using your favorite calendaring program.

That's 97% of what I'm hoping for.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

1) It would be great if we can get the next level in place as well: design team
   meetings, IAOC sub-cmte, and the like in.  Perhaps WG-Chairs could be allowed
   to submit items?  Could the IESG and IAB telechats be added?

2) We need times/places/URLs to be added as well.  Probably others will want
   minutes, but we need to be a bit loose. (I think minutes should be a URL
   pointing at ML post...)

3) Like Spencer says, I don't think we need actual meeting ICS to be
   included, because we have that already.  Maybe some people would
   like EVERYTHING, but not me.

My goals here are:
   a) to let my computer figure out the time-zone stuff. (DONE)

   b) to know that the ICS entry has the latest and most accurate meeting
      join information.   So I can just click on the right link...

   c) I screwed up IASA 2.0, thinking when I skipped the 11am EST
      session on Tuesday to do a rescheduled ANIMA DT meeting, that
      I could hit the second IASA session, but actually, that was the
      second one. Duh on me.
      And of course, it was also at the same time as the RTG Area
      Chair Chat, which got cancelled at the last minute. So being
      able to schedule to avoid obvious conflicts...

 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-