[Tools-discuss] Datatracker-generated announcements for (minor) WG milestone changes

"Scharf, Michael (Michael)" <michael.scharf@alcatel-lucent.com> Fri, 26 July 2013 17:08 UTC

From: "Scharf, Michael (Michael)" <michael.scharf@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: "tools-discuss@ietf.org" <tools-discuss@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 17:08:09 +0000
x-originating-ip: [135.239.27.40]
Subject: [Tools-discuss] Datatracker-generated announcements for (minor) WG milestone changes

Completion of two WG milestones resulted in the following post to the mailing list, which is not simple to parse, because the change is hidden very carefully... One has to grep for "resolved"...

In addition, the message got stuck in mailman and required manual approval (I did so because the expectation seems to be that this message goes to the WG list, even if I personally find the format´of that message not very useful).

Since this is a standard operation that will probably occur not only once, two suggestions for improvement:

1. Limit the posting of changed milestones only to those milestones that actually were modified

2. Ensure that such an automated message is not blocked by mailman

Michael