[rbridge] RBridge: a case of study

Radia.Perlman at sun.com (Radia.Perlman@sun.com) Wed, 31 October 2007 04:12 UTC

From: "Radia.Perlman at sun.com"
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 21:12:57 -0700
Subject: [rbridge] RBridge: a case of study

Thanks for pointing that out Hern. Serves me right for not reading the pseudocode part
of the spec, which got added later
for clarity.  My understanding has always been that the outer VLAN was just a way to
carry the frame across the layer 2 cloud from one RBridge to another, and would be
completely independent of the inner one.

Radia