Re: [trill] Some questions about ESADI

hu.fangwei@zte.com.cn Mon, 23 April 2012 06:23 UTC

To: Nguyen Huu Tho <huutho411@gmail.com>
From: hu.fangwei@zte.com.cn
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 14:23:06 +0800
Cc: trill-bounces@ietf.org, trill@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [trill] Some questions about ESADI

Hi,Nguyen Huu Tho

>Dear all,
>I have 2 questions relating to ESADI
     >Question 1: Influence of ESADI  to bandwidth in a TRILL campus.
     > If a TRILL campus does not use ESADI to advertise their end
stations,
     >     how much percent of bandwidth will br decreased because of
flooding packets.
     > I know that it is depend on the topology but i just want to know an
average result.

[hfw] ESADI is an optional end station address learning method. Besides
ESADI, there are five independent ways for an RBridge to learn the end
station address(section 4.8.1 of RFC 6325). If a TRILL campus does not use
ESADI, the RBridges can learn the end station address by other ways, such
as data plane learing. The ESADI protocol's potential advantage over data
plane learning is in security and fast update, not in reducing the
bandwidth. ESADI can unicast the ESADI PDU in stead of multicasting in
some situation, which can optimize the ESADI PDU sending and avoiding
multicast storm. I am sorry for that I can not give the accurate result of
bandwidth decreased, becasue that is not the major goal for ESADI
protocol.

    > Question 2: All TRILL vendors can support ESADI or not
       >  Have any special requirement of TRILL to RB can run ESADI
protocol ?
[hfw]  ESADI is a optional way for RBridges to learning end station
address.  The RBridge implement ESADI can achive the potential advantage
in security and fast update.
I think it is no special requirement for RB to run ESADI protocol.  ESADI
is a feature of TRILL.

>If you have any information about this subject, please help me!

Regards

Nguyen Huu Tho <huutho411@gmail.com>
发件人:  trill-bounces@ietf.org
2012-04-23 12:43

收件人
trill@ietf.org
抄送

主题
[trill] Some questions about ESADI

Dear all,
I have 2 questions relating to ESADI
Question 1: Influence of ESADI  to bandwidth in a TRILL campus.
If a TRILL campus does not use ESADI to advertise their end stations,
    how much percent of bandwidth will br decreased because of flooding
packets.
I know that it is depend on the topology but i just want to know an
average result.
Question 2: All TRILL vendors can support ESADI or not
Have any special requirement of TRILL to RB can run ESADI protocol ?

If you have any information about this subject, please help me!

Thank for your reading!
Best Regard,

--
+--