Re: [rbridge] Rbridge Management

"Eastlake III Donald-LDE008" <Donald.Eastlake@motorola.com> Wed, 21 November 2007 22:50 UTC

Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 17:46:06 -0500
From: Eastlake III Donald-LDE008 <Donald.Eastlake@motorola.com>
To: Eric Gray <eric.gray@ericsson.com>
Cc: "Developing a hybrid router/bridge." <rbridge@postel.org>
Subject: Re: [rbridge] Rbridge Management
Sender: rbridge-bounces@postel.org

Hi Eric,

The suggested paragraph wasn't actually intended to "address management
of RBridges generally" and I would agree that it fails to do that.  I
think that should be done in a separate document. The paragraph was just
intended to reduce possible complaints that the document completely
ignored management or zero configuration management.

RFC 3410 seems to be the standard general SNMP reference when you just
want to mention just one RFC. As you say, RFC 3410 points to many
additional SNMP RFCs. If there is a better RFC to point to, the draft
should be changed to use that.

The text in protocol draft -06 was modified in response to your comment
to mention management via Layer 3.

Donald