[rbridge] : Application of RBRidge

Donald.Eastlake at motorola.com (Eastlake III Donald-LDE008) Thu, 12 October 2006 21:42 UTC

From: "Donald.Eastlake at motorola.com"
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 17:42:50 -0400
Subject: [rbridge] : Application of RBRidge

Hi,

Please see the TRILL Charter at
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/trill-charter.html and the drafts
linked off that page, particularly the problem and applicability
statement draft. TRILL is chartered to specify a solution using
link-state routing technology. There is also an effort to solve the
problem using entirely spanning tree technology in IEEE 802.1aq,
http://www.ieee802.org/1/pages/802.1aq.html. (By the way, if you are
interested, these parallel efforts are being pursued by mutual agreement
after discussions at the highest level between the IETF and IEEE 802.)

Thanks,
Donald