Re: [tsvwg] Diffserv classes (rfc4594bis): Check on Atlanta "hum"

"Black, David" <david.black@emc.com> Fri, 28 December 2012 21:43 UTC

From: "Black, David" <david.black@emc.com>
To: "tsvwg@ietf.org" <tsvwg@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 16:43:35 -0500
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [tsvwg] Diffserv classes (rfc4594bis): Check on Atlanta "hum"

Ok, this topic has had sufficient "soak time" - having seen no objections,
the Atlanta "hum" on Diffserv Classes is confirmed as the rough consensus
of the tsvwg WG:

> Restating - the sense of the room in Atlanta was that interactive
> media (e.g., multi-media conferencing) needs to be broken out of the
> existing diffserv media classes into at least one new class.

As promised, I will work with James on the next steps:

> If the sense of the room in Atlanta is confirmed, the next steps on
> Diffserv Classes are that I will work with James to come up with a list
> of all the things that he's proposing to change in
> draft-polk-tsvwg-rfc4594-update and ask the list whether each one
> of them needs attention (single subject/question emails).

My preference is to get the answers to those questions before asking
whether the tsvwg WG should adopt that draft as a WG draft.

Thanks,
--David (tsvwg WG co-chair)
David L. Black, Distinguished Engineer
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
david.black@emc.com        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754