[tsvwg] Request for early allocation of IANA code points for MP-DCCP: Respond by 15th February 2024

Gorry Fairhurst <gorry@erg.abdn.ac.uk> Wed, 31 January 2024 18:55 UTC

Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2024 18:55:09 +0000
To: "tsvwg@ietf.org" <tsvwg@ietf.org>
From: Gorry Fairhurst <gorry@erg.abdn.ac.uk>
Cc: "tsvwg-chairs@ietf.org" <tsvwg-chairs@ietf.org>
Subject: [tsvwg] Request for early allocation of IANA code points for MP-DCCP: Respond by 15th February 2024

The MP-DCCP draft is nearing a final WGLC, and we hope to see this
started in time for the results to be available at the next IETF meeting
in Brisbabne.

In the meantime, the editors have asked for the early allocation of IANA
code points as specified in the MP-DCCP draft version 13
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-multipath-dccp-13)
in Section 9 (IANA Considerations).  At this stage, I believe that the
MP-DCCP draft is stable enough and the editors do not plan to change the
IANA-related code points.

The Chairs plan to use the process outlined in RFC7120: Please send any
technical concerns, or notes of support to the chairs or via the tsvwg
mailing list before 15th February 2024. If you plan to implement the
specification, please also indicate this in your email.

Best wishes,

Gorry & Marten
(IETF tsvwg co-chairs)

---

For simplicity, we the following code points from the above mentioned
section 9 of the draft to be added to the existing IANA registry group
of DCCP parameters:

1. Assign Number 10 of the existing Feature Number registry as
"Multipath Capable" and refer to our document (Table 6)
2. Create a new registry "MP-DCCP Versions" (Table 7)
* Assign Version 0 and refer to our document
* Assign Version 1-255 as "Unassigned" and refer to our document
3. Assign Type 46 of the existing Option Types registry as "Multipath
Suboptions" and refer to our document. If Type 46 is indicated this
implies the usage of a Multipath Suboption for which a new registry is
requested in the next bullet.
4. Create a new registry "Multipath Suboptions" with Suboption 0-11
assigned according to Table 8 and Suboption 11-255 as "Unassigned". The
Name and Description information of Table 8 could be used by IANA to
provide a Meaning to the new registry entries. All entries should
reference our document