[tsvwg] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc4960-bis-17: (with COMMENT)

Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Thu, 16 December 2021 11:20 UTC

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc4960-bis@ietf.org, tsvwg-chairs@ietf.org, tsvwg@ietf.org, Gorry Fairhurst <gorry@erg.abdn.ac.uk>, gorry@erg.abdn.ac.uk
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 03:20:43 -0800
Subject: [tsvwg] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc4960-bis-17: (with COMMENT)

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc4960-bis-17: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions/

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc4960-bis/

COMMENT:

Thank you for the work put into this document. I am copying Rob Wilton's text
as it also applies to my review:
       "Given my lack of familiarity with STCP, I have only quickly reviewed
        the diffs before this document and the base RFC, and do not have any
        significant comments that will improve this document."

Please find below some non-blocking COMMENT points (but replies would be
appreciated even if only for my own education).

Special thanks to Gorry Fairhurst for the shepherd's write-up including the
section about the WG consensus.

I hope that this helps to improve the document,

Regards,

-éric

== COMMENTS ==

-- Section 10 --
I wonder what is the purpose of this section dedicated to ICMP handling, e.g.,
ICMP1-5 are pretty obvious. It is of course not harmful to keep this section
but perhaps limit it to the important ones like ICMP6 and the rest ?

ICMP7: please s/v4/IPv4/ and s/v6/IPv6/ (also applicable in other parts). I
would also prefer s/an implementation MAY process/an implementation SHOULD
process/

-- Section 12.2.4.1. --
Suggest to use "ESP" wording as in 12.2.3

About "IP Authentication Header", I am unsure whether it is still commonly used
and adding a reference to RFC 4302 is probably required.

-- Section 7.2.1 --
Just curious about why the "cwd" is computed differently for IPv4 and IPv6 (I
do not understand the 60 bytes difference)