[tsvwg] Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc4960-errata-06: (with COMMENT)

Mirja Kühlewind <ietf@kuehlewind.net> Mon, 02 July 2018 13:42 UTC

From: Mirja Kühlewind <ietf@kuehlewind.net>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc4960-errata@ietf.org, Gorry Fairhurst <gorry@erg.abdn.ac.uk>, tsvwg-chairs@ietf.org, gorry@erg.abdn.ac.uk, tsvwg@ietf.org
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2018 06:42:10 -0700
Subject: [tsvwg] Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc4960-errata-06: (with COMMENT)

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc4960-errata-06: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc4960-errata/

COMMENT:

1) sec 3.27.2:
" o  When the endpoint does not transmit data on a given transport
      address, the cwnd of the transport address SHOULD be adjusted to
      max(cwnd/2, 4*MTU) per RTO. At the first cwnd adjustment, the
      ssthresh of the transport address SHOULD be adjusted to the cwnd."
This part is still unclear to me. What does adjust "per RTO mean"? I guess it
is sufficient to adjust it once after the first RTO without data, no? Also I
assume ssthresh is set after the cwnd adjustment?

2) sec 3.28.2
"An SCTP receiver MUST NOT generate more than one SACK for every
   incoming packet, other than to update the offered window as the
   receiving application consumes new data. When the window opens
   up, an SCTP receiver SHOULD send additional SACK chunks to update
   the window even if no new data is received. The receiver MUST avoid
   sending large bursts of window updates."
This is also not super well specified now. What is a large burst?
I would rather like to see something like "The receiver MUST not send more then
one window update per RTT."

3) 3.31.
Would it make sense to then use a different variable, e.g. cwnd_temp or
max_send_limit, and not cwnd...?

4) Text changes in sec 3.35.2. are kind of unclear. I assume the new text
should be added at the end of the old text sections...?