[Tsvwg] SCTP interop test to be held in September

Andreas Jungmaier <jungmaier@web.de> Fri, 08 March 2002 16:55 UTC

From: Andreas Jungmaier <jungmaier@web.de>
To: TSVWG <tsvwg@ietf.org>, Sigtran <sigtran@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 20:20:54 +0100
Subject: [Tsvwg] SCTP interop test to be held in September
Sender: tsvwg-admin@ietf.org

Dear all,

testing at this year's Connectathon nearly over, I would like to
announce dates for an upcoming SCTP interoperability event which
will be organized by the Computer Networking Technology Group at
the German Unversity of Essen from September 9 to September 13, 2002.

Since we are an educational institution, and this will be
a non-profit event, we will have to cover our expenses by charging
each participating company a fee which will be in the 600 Euro
ballpark (approx. 500 US-$). Depending on the turnout, there might
also be a per-person fee (less than  150 Euro/125 US-$).

In order to arrange as early as possible for the hotel accomodations
(i.e. reserve a block of rooms) etc., we would like to get a rough
estimate of who (i.e. affiliation, number of persons) would be
interested in participating.

So, if you consider coming to Essen in September, or if you have any
questions, then please let me know by dropping me an email between
now and April 15, 2002. By then we will see to it that we arrange for
appropriate testing facilities, as well as hotel accomodations.

Registration for the September SCTP interop will start end of April
and will also be announced on TSVWG and SIGTRAN mailing lists.

In order to encourage participation from the academia,
participation for members of educational institution will be
free of charge, and we hope that we can feature an afternoon of
presentations about SCTP related topics.

The tests should be based on the following documents:
- RFC 2960
- the latest version of the SCTP implementors guide
  (draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctpimpguide-0?.txt)
- The new CRC32C checksum (currently draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctpcsum-03.txt)

Additionaly, if implementations support this, we may also test the
following optional extensions:
- Dynamic addition and deletion of IP addresses (described
  in draft-ietf-tsvwg-addip-sctp-0?.txt)
- Updated revision of the SCTP Unreliable Data Mode Extension

The provided testbed will be a dual-homed network supporting IPv4 and
IPv6 at 10/100-BaseTX (similar to the lastest interop events).

We are looking forward to seeing you in Essen,

Best regards,

Andreas Jungmaier