Re: [Tsvwg] IANA issue with RFC2960/draft-ietf-tsvwg-2960bis

Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen@lurchi.franken.de> Tue, 03 July 2007 08:46 UTC

From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen@lurchi.franken.de>
Subject: Re: [Tsvwg] IANA issue with RFC2960/draft-ietf-tsvwg-2960bis
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 10:46:28 +0200
To: Lars Eggert <lars.eggert@nokia.com>
Cc: tsvwg IETF list <tsvwg@ietf.org>, IESG IESG <iesg@ietf.org>

Hi Lars,

sounds good to me. Just two questions:
1. 2960bis is in the RFC editor queue. How will this change of text
happen?
2. Do I need to write an ID or RFC to register a port? Or can I just
contact
    IANA? I'm asking this only for registration of port numbers which
are
    registered for TCP and/or UDP for a similar service like the discard
    port you use as an example.

Best regards
Michael