RE: [Tsvwg] Does anyone have a defence in favour of flow ratefairness?

<louise.burness@bt.com> Fri, 20 July 2007 09:02 UTC

Subject: RE: [Tsvwg] Does anyone have a defence in favour of flow ratefairness?
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 10:02:05 +0100
From: louise.burness@bt.com
To: zbest28@yahoo.com, tsvwg@ietf.org

I think that we should focus on technical wherever possible and leave the system open to be used in different ways in different parts of the world - I don't think technology should force any particular social or political opinion. I think cost fairness does allow different approaches to co-exist within a single network - so the goal of avoiding the rich shutting out the poor can be achieved in one network or country, and a goal of pure free market could also be achieved elsewhere.

At the moment I think we do have a technical problem that we should address - in times of congestion users with more technical knowledge can completely shut out naïve users.