Re: [Tsvwg] draft-ietf-tsvwg-admitted-realtime-dscp-05

ken carlberg <carlberg@g11.org.uk> Thu, 15 January 2009 13:13 UTC

From: ken carlberg <carlberg@g11.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 10:13:21 -0300
To: "Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <hannes.tschofenig@nsn.com>
Cc: tsvwg@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Tsvwg] draft-ietf-tsvwg-admitted-realtime-dscp-05
Sender: tsvwg-bounces@ietf.org

ok, but could you make a stronger case as for why?  the cited text
presents context and recommendations with what we have on hand now,
but doesn't make a hard requirement of MUST.  if someone else comes
along later and defines a better widget, or simply another way of
accomplishing the fundamental objectives of the draft with a
different signaling protocol....great, and please let's encourage
them to tell "us" how.

cheers,

-ken