Re: [Tsvwg] WG: Announcement of the new work : Link Characteristic Information for Mobility

"James M. Polk" <jmpolk@cisco.com> Wed, 10 May 2006 18:53 UTC

Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 13:53:11 -0500
To: "Tschofenig, Hannes" <hannes.tschofenig@siemens.com>, soohong.park@samsung.com, jouni.korhonen@teliasonera.com
From: "James M. Polk" <jmpolk@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [Tsvwg] WG: Announcement of the new work : Link Characteristic Information for Mobility
Cc: tsvwg <tsvwg@ietf.org>

another acronym collision.... LCI is already defined as Location
Configuration Information by the Geopriv and DHC WGs, and used/referenced
by the ECRIT WG.

This reference ID below talks of link layer congestion as a target, various
802 technologies and Cable/DSL - I would like to hear more of how this fits
into a Transport Area space, and not the Internet Area.  I personally don't
believe it fits RAI, except through APIs in various nodes/endsystems