Re: [Tsvwg] architecture for transport layer mobility

Joe Touch <touch@ISI.EDU> Fri, 08 October 2004 21:24 UTC

Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 13:11:05 -0700
From: Joe Touch <touch@ISI.EDU>
To: weddy@grc.nasa.gov
Subject: Re: [Tsvwg] architecture for transport layer mobility
Cc: tsvwg@ietf.org
Sender: tsvwg-bounces@ietf.org

This work is being explored in the Multi6 WG; it might be useful to
check with their current state.

In particular, one of their early conclusions was that there were
multiple layers at which this problem _could_ be fixed (transport, net,
shim under net, etc.), but that some were more appropriate than others
(I think they concluded that transport solutions to mobility weren't as
useful in the general sense since they need to be recapitulated for each
transport design).

Joe