and he emerges from the extended absense with news of meetings, etc

CASE@utkvx.utcc.utk.edu Sun, 26 September 1993 11:29 UTC

Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1993 06:10:00 -0400
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: CASE@utkvx.utcc.utk.edu
Subject: and he emerges from the extended absense with news of meetings, etc
To: ups-mib@cs.utk.edu

UPS MIB WG:

Greetings from Jeff

I've been away from my mail for an extended duration.  I've caught up on
the UPS mail now.  Thanks to each of you who helped carry the ball in my
absence.  In the meantime, one of my other groups finished its work, which
gives me a teeny bit more time for this one.

It's good to see progress on the UPS list again.

I'll try to put the current work into draft form when I return from my next
trip in about 1 week.

In the meantime, I want to give you a "heads up" on the possibility of a
working group meeting during the week of November 1, in Houston, Texas.

Yes, I know that this is after our scheduled date of expiry.  It is my hope
that we can make enough progress before that date that we can convince the
area director we are close to finished and that we should meet in Houston to
finish up.  I can't say exactly when during the week we would meet, so keep
your calendars open, and your ears tuned.  The initial information follows.

You can get this information directly in the future by requesting it by
sending email to ietf-announce-request@cnri.reston.va.us

However, in spite of the above, we must continue to make progress rapidly,
or the plug gets pulled.  I think we are all motivated.

regards,
jdc
--------------------------------

Dear IETFers:

Following this message (2a), you will receive four more listed below:

IETF MAILING 2b:  IETF RSVP FORM. Payment DOES NOT need to accompany the
                  RSVP Form, but the Form must be received by September 30th
                  in order to guarantee the lower fee.  We strongly
                  encourage you to register immediately, even if you know
                  payment will be delayed for a bit.

IETF MAILING 2c:  DRAFT AT-A-GLANCE. This is still in draft form.

IETF MAILING 2d:  DRAFT AGENDA.  Please keep in mind that this is only
                  a draft and is subject to frequent changes.
                  A copy of the Draft Agenda is also available from the
                  remote on-line directores, cd ietf, get 0mtg-agenda.txt.

                  The IETF Social has been scheduled for: TBD

IETF MAILING 2e:  DRAFT MULTICAST SCHEDULE:  This schedule is subject
                  to frequent change.

NOTE:  WE CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH.  Though we'd prefer to have payment of
the meeting fee as soon as possible, we definitely want immediate
notification that you are planning on coming.  So even though you know that
payment will be delayed for one reason or another, SEND THE RSVP FORM IN
ANYWAY.

Information pertaining to the 28th IETF can also be found on
the Gopher server running on IETF.CNRI.RESTON.VA.US (132.151.1.35)
under "Internet Society / IETF / IETF Meetings / Houston November 1993".

!!!!!! Reminder, Tuesday, November 2nd is Election Day, you may want to
       look into absentee ballots.!!!!

Thank You,

Megan

---------------

                            REGISTRATION FORM
             28th Internet Engineering Task Force - Page 1 of 2
                            November 1-5, 1993
                              Houston, Texas

Please print or type:

Name (Mr/Dr/Ms)__________________________________________________________

Title____________________________________________________________________

Organization_____________________________________________________________

Address__________________________________________________________________

City_____________________________State_____________Postal Code___________

Country__________________________________________________________________

Telephone______________________________Fax_______________________________

Email____________________________________________________________________

Do you plan to attend the Sunday, October 31st NEWCOMER'S ORIENTATION at
16:30?

    YES___   NO___

Do you plan to attend the Sunday, October 31st reception at 18:00?

    YES___   NO___

$130.00 Registration postmarked on or BEFORE Thursday, September 30, 1993.

$150.00 ($130.00 + $20.00 late fee) Registration postmarked after
Thursday, September 30, 1993.

Method of payment:  ___AMEX  ___VISA  ___MC  ___Diners  ___Check

                    (U.S. dollars, drawn on a U.S. Bank), payable to:

Account No.____________________________ Expiration Date__________________

Cardholder Name__________________________________________________________

Cardholder Signature_____________________________________________________

Registration Forms can be sent via electronic mail, facsimile, or postal mail:

	Electronic:  ietf-rsvp@cnri.reston.va.us
	Facsimile:   +1-703-620-0913
	Postal:      Corporation for National Research Initiatives
        	     Accounting Department - 28th IETF Meeting
	     	     1895 Preston White Drive, Suite 100
        	     Reston, VA 22091-5434  USA

                              REGISTRATION FORM
                28th Internet Engineering Task Force - Page 2 of 2
                              November 1-5, 1993
                                Houston, Texas

IMPORTANT:

     1.   Payment MAY, but does NOT have to, accompany the Form.
     2.   Register ONE person per form.  Substitutions are NOT allowed.
     3.   Include a completed Registration Form with payment.
     4.   Purchase orders are NOT accepted.
     5.   DD Form 1556 IS accepted.
     6.   We CANNOT invoice for payment.
     7.   Registration Forms will be accepted via electronic mail and
          facsimile until 13:00 ET on Thursday, October 28, 1993.
     8.   Requests for refunds must be received by Thursday, October 28, 1993.
     9.   Refund policy:  Refunds are subject to a $20.00 service charge.
                          Late fees will not be refunded.
    10.   Your registration fee includes a copy of the Meeting's Proceedings,
		Sunday evening reception (cash bar), and a daily continental
                breakfast and coffee breaks.

For additional information or assistance, please contact +1-703-620-8990,
+1-703-620-0913 (Fax) or ietf-rsvp@cnri.reston.va.us.  Direct all inquiries
to:  28th IETF Meeting - Houston, Texas.

-----------

28th INTERNET ENGINEERING TASK FORCE	     Mailing Date  : 9/15/93
AT-A-GLANCE				     Mailing Number: 2c

DATES: November 1-5, 1993                    HOST(S):
                                             Bill Manning
                                             SESQUINET and Rice University

HOTEL/MEETING SITE: Sheraton Astrodome Hotel
                    8686 Kirby Drive
                    Houston, Texas 77054
                    Phone: (800) 627-6461 {fax: (713) 790-9676}
                    Phone: 1 (713) 748-3221 (international callers)
		    CI 2:00 p.m.; CO 12:00 p.m.
                    250 Rooms reserved until September 30, 1993
                    $99.00/single; $99.00/double (please add 15% tax)
                    Specify: IETF93

ALTERNATE ACCOM:    Holiday Inn Astrodome (not yet confirmed)
                    8111 Kirby Drive
                    Houston, Texas 77054
                    Phone: (713) 790-1900 {fax: (713) 799-8574}
                    20 Rooms reserved until: TBD
                    $ TBD
                    Specify: TBD

NEWCOMER'S          Sunday, October 31, 1993
ORIENTATION:        16:30 - 17:30
                    Room: San Jacinto 1

PRE-REGISTRATION:   Sunday, October 31, 1993
		    18:00 - 20:00 (reception during)
                    Sheraton Astrodome Hotel
                    Room: Sam Houston Ballroom 1

REGISTRATION:	    Monday, November 1, 1993
                    08:00 - 18:00
                    Tuesday, November 2 - Thursday November 4, 1993
                    08:30 - 18:00
                    Friday, November 5, 1993
                    08:30 - 12:00
                    Sheraton Astrodome Hotel
                    Room: Connecting walkway outside San Jacinto 1

TERMINAL ROOM:      Stephen F. Austin Ballroom B

ATTENDANCE FEE:     PAYMENT BY: Credit Card or Check
	            $130.00 if registered BY September 30, 1993
	 	    $150.00 if registered AFTER September 30, 1993

AIRLINE:            Continental Airlines, Inc. (special rate roundtrip only)
                    1 (800) 468-7022 U.S./Canada Meeting ID: ZKB17
                    Discounts are available on some International Flights.
                    International Attendees may call their local Continental
                    reservation number, reference the same Meeting ID No.

AIRPORT:	    Intercontinental (30-40 min drive to Hotel)
                    Hobby Airport (15-20 min drive to Hotel)

PARKING:            Sheraton Astrodome Hotel: complimentary

SHUTTLE:            Airport Express directly from Hobby to the Sheraton.
                    Rate: $8.00 one way. Must purchase tickets inside baggage
                    claim area lower level. Return tickets available at
                    Sheraton Front Desk.  Shuttle from Intercontinental:
                    Take Greenway Shuttle to Greenway Plaza ~$9.70. Call
                    Sheraton from Greenway Plaza and they will send a van.

CAB:                $18 from Hobby Airport; $32 from Intercontinental

-------------------------------------

       DRAFT Agenda of the Twenty-Eighth IETF - as of 9/13/93 - 10:00am
                          (November 1-5, 1993)

MONDAY, November 1, 1993

0800-0900        IETF Registration and Continental Breakfast
                 Working Group Chairs Workshop (Dave Crocker/Silicon Graphics)
0900-0930        Introductions
0930-1200        Technical Presentations
Breaks           Coffee available.
1330-1530        Afternoon Sessions I

                 APP    Interactive Mail Access Protocol WG (imap)
                        (Terry Gray/UWash)
***              INT    P. Internet Protocol WG (pip) (Paul Francis/Bellcore)
                 MGT    ATM MIB WG (atommib) (Kaj Tesink/Bellcore)
                 SEC    Security Area Advisory Group (saag) (Steve Crocker/TIS)
***              TSV    Multiparty Multimedia Session Control WG (mmusic)
                        (Eve Schooler/ISI and Abel Weinrib/Bellcore)
                 USV    Whois and Network Information Lookup Service WG (wnils)
                        (Joan Gargano/UCDavis)

1530-1600        Break (Refreshments provided)
1600-1800        Afternoon Sessions II

***              INT    Simple Internet Protocol WG (sip)
                        (Steve Deering/Xerox PARC and Bob Hinden/Sun)
                 MGT    Remote LAN Monitoring WG (rmonmib)
                        (Mike Erlinger/Harvey Mudd College)
                 SEC    Authorization and Access Control WG (aac)
                        (Cliff Neuman/ISI)
                 TSV    TCP Multiplexing BOF (tmux) (Jim Barnes/Xylogics)
                 USV    Integrated Directory Services WG (ids)
                        (Chris Weider/Merit and Tim Howes/UMich)

TUESDAY, November 2, 1993

0830-0900        Continental Breakfast
0900-0930        IETF Technical Presentations
0930-1200        Morning Sessions

                 APP    TELNET WG (telnet)
                        (Steve Alexander/Lachman Technology)
***              INT    IP Over Asynchronous Transfer Mode WG (atm)
                        (Mark Laubach/Hewlett-Packard)
***              RTG    Inter-Domain Multicast Routing WG (idmr)
                        (Tony Ballardie/UCL and Paul Francis/Bellcore)
                 MGT    Network Management Area:  Open Meeting (nmdir)
                        (Marshall Rose/DBC)
                 USV    Internet School Networking WG (isn)
                        (Jennifer Sellers/NASA)

Breaks           Coffee available.
1330-1530        Afternoon Sessions I

                 INT    Point-to-Point Protocol Extensions WG (pppext)
                        (Fred Baker/ACC)
***              RTG    IP Routing for Wireless/Mobile Hosts WG (mobileip)
                        (Steve Deering/Xerox PARC and Greg Minshall/Novell)
***              TSV    Multiparty Multimedia Session Control WG (mmusic)
                        (Eve Schooler/ISI and Abel Weinrib/Bellcore)
                 CAT    Common Authentication Technology WG (cat)
                        (John Linn/Geer Zolot Associates)
                 USV    Network Information Services Infrastructure WG (nisi)
                        (April Marine/SRI and Pat Smith/Merit)

1530-1600        Break (Refreshments provided)
1600-1800        Afternoon Sessions II

                 APP    Interactive Mail Access Protocol WG (imap)
                        (Terry Gray/UWash)
                 MGT    Frame Relay Service MIB WG (frnetmib)
                        (James Watt/Newbridge Networks)
***              RTG    Source Demand Routing Protocol WG (sdr)
                        (Deborah Estrin/USC and Tony Li/cisco)
***              TSV    Audio/Video Transport WG (avt) (Steve Casner/ISI)

1930-2200        Tuesday, November 2, 1993 - Evening Sessions

***              TSV    Realtime Packet Forwarding and Admission Control BOF
                        (realtime) (Bob Braden/ISI and Dave Clark/MIT)

WEDNESDAY, November 3, 1993

0800-0900        Working Group Chairs Workshop
                 (Dave Crocker/Silicon Graphics)
0830-0900        Continental Breakfast
0900-0930        Technical Presentations
0930-1200        Morning Sessions

***              INT    P. Internet Protocol WG (pip) (Paul Francis/Bellcore)
                 INT    Point-to-Point Protocol Extensions WG (pppext)
                        (Fred Baker/ACC)
                 MGT    Modem Management WG (modemmgt) (Mark Lewis/Telebit)
                 RTG    Inter-Domain Policy Routing WG (idpr)
                        (Martha Steenstrup/BBN)
                 USV    User Services WG (uswg) (Joyce K. Reynolds/ISI)

Breaks           Coffee available.
1330-1530        Afternoon Sessions I

                 APP    Telnet TN3270 Enhancements WG (tn3270e)
                        (Robert Moskowitz/Chrysler Corporation)
***              INT    TP/IX WG (tpix) (Vladimir Sukonnik/Process Software)
                 MGT    Modem Management WG (modemmgt) (Mark Lewis/Telebit)
***              RTG    IP Routing for Wireless/Mobile Hosts WG (mobileip)
                        (Steve Deering/Xerox PARC and Greg Minshall/Novell)
                 RTG    Open Shortest Path First IGP WG (ospf)
                        (Rob Coltun/RainbowBridge Communications)
                 SEC    Privacy-Enhanced Electronic Mail WG (pem)
                        (Steve Kent/BBN)
                 USV    Networked Information Retrieval WG (nir)
                        (Jill Foster/UNewcastle-Upon-Tyne and George Brett/MCNC)

1530-1600        Break (Refreshments provided)
1600-1800        Afternoon Sessions II

***              INT    TP/IX WG (tpix) (Vladimir Sukonnik/Process Software)
                 MGT    Frame Relay Service MIB WG (frnetmib)
                        (James Watt/Newbridge Networks)
***              RTG    Source Demand Routing Protocol WG (sdr)
                        (Deborah Estrin/USC and Tony Li/cisco)
                 SEC    Common Authentication Technology WG (cat)
                        (John Linn/Geer Zolot Associates)

1930-2200        Wednesday, November 3, 1993 - Evening Session

                 TSV    RSVP -- Resource Reservation Setup Protocol for
                        the Internet BOF (rsvp) (Bob Braden/ISI)

THURSDAY, November 4, 1993

0830-0900        Continental Breakfast
0900-0930        Technical Presentations
0930-1200        Morning Sessions

***              INT    IP Over Asynchronous Transfer Mode WG (atm)
                        (Mark Laubach/Hewlett-Packard)
                 MGT    Remote LAN Monitoring WG (rmonmib)
                        (Mike Erlinger/Harvey Mudd College)
                 RTG    Border Gateway Protocol WG (bgp) (Yakov Rekhter/IBM)*
***              RTG    New Internet Routing and Addressing
                        Architecture BOF (nimrod) (Noel Chiappa and
                        Isidro Castineyra/BBN)
                 RTG    OSI IDRP for IP over IP WG (ipidrp) (Sue Hares/Merit)*
                 USV    Network Training Materials WG (trainmat)
                        (Ellen Hoffman/Merit and
                        Jill Foster/UNewcastle-Upon-Tyne)

Breaks           Coffee available.
1330-1530        Afternoon Sessions I

***              INT    Simple Internet Protocol WG (sip)
                        (Steve Deering/Xerox PARC and Bob Hinden/Sun)
                 MGT    ATM MIB WG (atommib) (Kaj Tesink/Bellcore)
                 OPS    Benchmarking Methodology WG (bmwg)
                        (Scott Bradner/Harvard)
                 RTG    RIP Version II WG (ripv2) (Gary Malkin/Xylogics)
                 SEC    Security Area Advisory Group (saag) (Steve Crocker/TIS)

1530-1600        Break (Refreshments provided)
1600-1700        Technical Presentations

                 o   Intellectual Property Rights (Vint Cerf/CNRI)
                 o   Draft ISO/MOU (Vint Cerf/CNRI)

1700-1930        Open Plenary and IESG

* BGP and IPIDPR will be meeting in joint session.

FRIDAY, November 5, 1993

0830-0900        Continental Breakfast
0900-1200        Morning Sessions

Key to Abbreviations

APP  Applications               Erik Huizer/SURFnet and
                                John Klensin/UNU
INT  Internet                   Stev Knowles/FTP Software and
                                Dave Piscitello/Bellcore
IPNG IP: Next Generation        Scott Bradner/Harvard and
                                Allison Mankin/NRL
MGT  Network Management         Marshall Rose/DBC
OPS  Operational Requirements   Scott Bradner/Harvard
RTG  Routing                    Bob Hinden/Sun
SAP  Service Applications       Dave Crocker/SGI
SEC  Security                   Steve Crocker/TIS
TSV  Transport                  Allison Mankin/NRL
USV  User Services              Joyce K. Reynolds/ISI

-------------

Updated  9/14/93

MONDAY      0900-0930     0930-1200     1330-1530     1600-1800
- --------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------|
 CHAN 1   |intro plenary|tech. plenary|    pip      |     sip     |
- ----------------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+
 CHAN 2   |      "      |      "      |   mmusic    |     open    |
- --------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------|

 TUESDAY    0900-0930     0930-1200    1330-1530     1600-1800     1930-2200
- --------+-------------|-----------+-------------+-------------+-------------+
 CHAN 1   |tech. plenary|   atm     |   mobileip  |     sdr     |     open    |
- --------+-------------|-----------+-------------+ ------------+-------------+
 CHAN 2   |     "       |   idmr    |    mmusic   |     avt     |     open    |
- --------+-------------|-----------+-------------+-------------+-------------+

WEDNESDAY   0900-0930      0900-1200     1330-1530     1600-1800     1930-2200
- --------+-------------|-------------+-------------+-------------+-----------+
 CHAN 1   |tech. plenary|    pip      |   mobileip  |     sdr     |    rsvp   |
- --------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-----------+
 CHAN 2   |     "       |    open     |     tpix    |    tpix     |    open   |
- --------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-----------+

THURSDAY     0900-0930     0930-1200     1330-1530     1600-1700     1700-1930
- --------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+------------+
 CHAN 1   |tech. plenary|     atm     |     sip     |tech. plenary|open plenary|
 CHAN 2   |      "      |    nimrod   |     open    |      "      |     "      |

 FRIDAY      0900-0930     0930-1200
 CHAN 1   |tech. plenary|    open     |
 CHAN 2   |     "       |    open     |