Re: [v6ops] New Version Notification for draft-xie-v6ops-framework-md-ipv6only-underlay-03.txt

Vasilenko Eduard <vasilenko.eduard@huawei.com> Mon, 05 September 2022 16:26 UTC

From: Vasilenko Eduard <vasilenko.eduard@huawei.com>
To: "xiechf@chinatelecom.cn" <xiechf@chinatelecom.cn>, list <v6ops@ietf.org>, V6Ops-Chairs <v6ops-chairs@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2022 16:26:33 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.81.200.254]
Subject: Re: [v6ops] New Version Notification for draft-xie-v6ops-framework-md-ipv6only-underlay-03.txt

Hi Chongfeng,

As soon as the source Carrier would translate IPv4 into IPv6
It would become pure/normal IPv6.
Destination or transit Carriers should know nothing about original AS translation.
No special efforts are needed to improve the path for such traffic.

Hence, I am still missing the draft purpose/problem.

Eduard