Re: [v6ops] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-anderson-v6ops-siit-dc-01.txt

V6ops <v6ops@globis.net> Wed, 08 October 2014 05:45 UTC

From: V6ops <v6ops@globis.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2014 07:45:03 +0200
To: Tore Anderson <tore@fud.no>
Cc: IPv6 Operations <v6ops@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [v6ops] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-anderson-v6ops-siit-dc-01.txt

Nice draft.

Why do you restrict the architecture to a per host agent?

Why do you restrict the IPv4 address binding to a virtual network interface?

Wouldn't this dual translation work equally well as a proxy device serving multiple legacy application servers, each with their own unique static address mapping?

I'm thinking that true legacy machines are unlikely to be targets for implementations of this new technology.

Nit s/poining/pointing/