Re: [VCARDDAV] I-D Action:draft-ietf-vcarddav-vcardrev-13.txt

Marc Blanchet <marc.blanchet@viagenie.ca> Sun, 22 August 2010 02:44 UTC

Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 22:44:57 -0400
From: Marc Blanchet <marc.blanchet@viagenie.ca>
To: Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>
Cc: thunder@mozilla.com, Mike Hanson <mhanson@mozilla.com>, vcarddav@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [VCARDDAV] I-D Action:draft-ietf-vcarddav-vcardrev-13.txt

Le 10-08-21 21:11, Tantek Çelik a écrit :
> Hi Marc,

thanks for participating.

> Please consider extending / having a formal second WGLC on the
> revision of the document.

that is kind of super late in the process. We have been discussing about
vcard4 for quite a while.

> I've been looking over the document with other folks from Mozilla and
> we have quite a few concerns with the apparent divergence that is
> happening with vCard4 vs. for example Portable Contacts.  Divergence
> both in terms of schema overall, and schema details (like the
> sub-properties of the N property).

we would love to have the most interoperability possible.

> I'll follow-up with more detailed feedback on specific points of the
> spec, but I wanted to make sure to at least raise this overall issue
> in the hopes that we can decide on extending WGLC to work together in
> this group to converge vCard4 and Portable Contacts.

I would really like to see your specific/detailed points _ASAP_. When
that comes in, then we can see how far, what is needed, what is the wg
temperature for this. Please send your points _ASAP_.

thanks for contributing.

Regards, Marc.