New internet draft

John Flick <johnf@hprnljf.rose.hp.com> Fri, 23 February 1996 02:24 UTC

To: vgmib@hprnd.rose.hp.com
Subject: New internet draft
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 1996 18:25:49 -0800
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: John Flick <johnf@hprnljf.rose.hp.com>

I have submitted a new version of the VG interfaces MIB to the
I-D editor.  It should be appearing in the internet-draft
directories within the next few days.  In the meantine, it is
available via anonymous FTP at:

    ftp://ftp.rose.hp.com/pub/vgmib/drafts/vgif.txt

This draft incorporates the comments made during the NM Area
Directorate's review.  The following changes have been made
to this draft:

    1. Added a section specifying the (non-)relationship to RFC1643,
       RFC1650, and RFC1748.
    2. Added a pointer to where to retrieve the current definition
       of IANAifType.  This document just has a placeholder for
       the actual URL.  It will be replaced with a new URL when
       IANA lets us know where it will be.
    3. Changed { experimental 63 } to { transmission TBD }.  TBD
       will be replaced by the actual branch by the RFC editor
       when this document is published.  This was done so we
       could go ahead and rearrange the dot12ConfigTable to the
       way we want it in the final RFC without running into the
       issue of reassigning existing OIDs.
    4. In section 3.3.6, page 5, changed ifDescr implementation
       guidelines to just say "Refer to [7]".
    5. In section 3.3.6, page 7, fixed typo in implementation
       guidelines for ifHC*Pkts: "implemenation" ->"implementation".
    6. Replaced "experimental" with "transmission" in the IMPORTS
       section.
    7. Rearranged and renumbered dot12ConfigTable, as discussed on
       the mailing list when we added dot12CurrentFramingType.
    8. Fixed typo in description of dot12LastTrainingConfig:
       "traing" -> "training"
    9. Updated Reference section to refer to RFC 1902, RFC 1903, and
       RFC 1904 instead of RFC 1442, RFC 1443, and RFC 1444.
    10. In Reference section, added references to RFC 1643, RFC 1650,
       and RFC 1748.

The following edits will need to be made (by the RFC editor) when
this draft is published as an RFC:

    1. Title page, page headers, and page footers need to be changed
       to RFC format.
    2. "Status of this Memo" section needs to be changed from I-D
       boilerplate to standards-track RFC boilerplate.
    3. Table of Contents needs to be relocated to front of document.
    4. On page 2,
	   dot12MIB    OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { transmission TBD }
       needs to have a real branch assigned by IANA, and "TBD" replaced
       with the number for that branch.
    5. On page 2,
	   <<INSERT URL HERE>>
       needs to be replaced with the actual URL for the IANAifType
       textual convention document on IANA's web server.
    6. On page 15, the value of the MODULE-IDENTITY macro needs to be
       changed to reflect the real MIB branch assigned by IANA
       (same as in 4).

John