Re: [vnfpool] 答复: 答复: Updated VNFPool Charter

LAC Chidung <chidung.lac@orange.com> Thu, 26 June 2014 15:53 UTC

Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 16:52:56 +0200
From: LAC Chidung <chidung.lac@orange.com>
To: Zongning <zongning@huawei.com>
Cc: "vnfpool@ietf.org" <vnfpool@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [vnfpool] 答复: 答复: Updated VNFPool Charter

Hi Ning,
Thank you for the reply. Some comments/suggestions to your:
* comment Z2:I knew that the « elementary » NFs are part of the job, but
wanted to suggest to add something in this section to avoid readers to
perceivethe wrong feeling mentioned in my comment #1
* comment Z7:Thank you for this clarification. I thus understand that
three types of pools (and not more than three) may exist:
      - (i) no redundancy at all, i.e., all instances of the pool
participate actively - an upstream load balancing mechanism shares the
incoming load among these instances;
      - (ii) 1:1 (active-active) redundancy - for example, 5 "images"
(to avoid the word 'instance') of the VNF, and each of them is redundant
-> in this case, there are 10 instances running in parallel in the pool;
      - (iii) N+K (active-standby) redundancy where some instances run
actively, while others are in a dormant state.
* comment Z9:How about this add-on then ? "... achieved by the VNF Pool
*architecture* utilized/adopted by the VNF ..."
Best,
Chidung