Re: AHHH -- all notes lost! (Was: Etherpad for collaborative note-taking)

Henrik Levkowetz <henrik@levkowetz.com> Fri, 18 November 2011 03:48 UTC

Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 11:47:44 +0800
From: Henrik Levkowetz <henrik@levkowetz.com>
To: Al Morton <acmorton@att.com>
Subject: Re: AHHH -- all notes lost! (Was: Etherpad for collaborative note-taking)
Cc: WG Chairs <wgchairs@ietf.org>

Al, Lou,

I've extracted the etherpad history for ccamp, and when I try to run
this in a separate pad, I get an exception and stack trace, so something
here is triggering a bug in the application.  I'll see what I can do
about it.  Anyway, here's the latest saved revision:

----------

Welcome to Etherpad Lite!

This pad text is synchronized as you type, so that
everyone viewing this page sees the same text.
This allows you to collaborate seamlessly on documents.

>                     CCAMP Agenda for the
>                     82nd IETF Meeting
>                     Version: Nov 06, 2011
>
>                     First Session
>                     Tuesday, November 15, 2011.
>                     1300 - 1500 Afternoon Session I
>                     Room Name: 3F Banquet
>
> Presentation            Start Time      Duration        Information
> 0     13:00   5
> Title:  Administrivia
> Draft:
> Presenter:      Chairs
> Notes:

> 1     13:05   10
> Title:  WG status, RFCs, drafts, milestones, charter, errata
> Draft:
> Presenter:      Chairs
> Notes:
Dan Li: lmp behavior negotiation - draft complete, waiting for feedbacks from WG and implementation
?1: dpm - revisions from Beijing, minor updates. Draft stable
Fei: associated-lsp - Looking for feedback on the WG list
Lou Berger: Resource sharing - waiting for update

> 2     13:15   15
> Title:  Framework and Information model for GMPLS and PCE Control of G.709 Optical Transport Networks
> Draft:  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-g709-framework-05
> Draft:  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ccamp-otn-g709-info-model-02
> Presenter:      Sergio Belotti
> Notes:
Lou Berger: There have been many on line and off line discussion on TSG and a suggestion of using the PT instead of the TSG. Can you elaborate on current thinking of authors?
Sergio: The same information carried by the TSG can be deduced by PT and server layer information.
Lou Berger: Are there any updates since last discussions?
Sergio Belotti: No specific discussion about info model but about encoding. Information carried can be: hierarchy plus PT plus server layer
Lou Berger: looking forward to see discussion on the ML.

Lou: Don't forget about the comment from the last IETF, to include a compatibility section in the framework document (perhaps taking some of the text from the current routing and signaling drafts.)

> 3     13:30   15
> Title:  Traffic Engineering Extensions to OSPF for Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Control of Evolving G.709 OTN Networks
> Draft:  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ospf-g709v3-00
> Presenter:      Daniele Ceccarelli
> Notes:
Lyndon Ong: Typo on slide 4: ISCD and SCSI reversed on slide
(discussion on unstructured traffic)
Raj: trying to clarify: intent is to allow for non-OTN clients to be mapped onto OTN
Jon Sadler: Is a general multi-layer issue
(lots of discussion, not captured.)

> 4     13:45   10
> Title:  Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) Signaling Extensions for the evolving G.709 Optical Transport Networks Control
> Draft:  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-signaling-g709v3-01
> Presenter:      Fatai Zhang
> Notes:
Lou: Ensure informative language has matching conformance [RFC2119] language where appropriate.  This is  general comment on all PS drafts.

> 5     13:55   10
> Title:  GMPLS RSVP-TE extensions for OAM Configuration
> Draft:  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ccamp-oam-configuration-fwk-06
>         http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-te-eth-oam-ext-06
>         http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-te-mpls-tp-oam-ext-06
>         http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-te-sdh-otn-oam-ext-03
> Presenter:      Elisa Bellagamba and Attila Takacs
> Notes:
Rajan: Comment on the SDH-OTN draft. It doesn't seem to cover all the cases for the OTN case
Deborah: had previous
Lou: Has comments from last meeting been resolved? In particular the ones from George?
Elisa: Unnecessary flags deleted and unclear ones clarified.
Lou: So have they been addressed?
Elisa: Yes, Can check offline
Lou: What about changes related to LSP ping?
Elisa: Changes are related to intermediate nodes.
Lou: Please have a look at this version and make sure there are no additional comments and then we'll decide how to progress them. They have been around for a while
Adrian: Deborah, did you say we should liase the Ethernet and xxx to the ITU-T? Why not -TP?

> 6     14:05   8
> Title:  Routing and Wavelength Assignment Information Encoding for Wavelength Switched Optical Networks
> Draft:  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-wson-encode-13
> Presenter:      Young Lee
> Notes:
Dan presenting.
Cyril: sent comments regarding the info model (e.g. label set) and not all of them have been addressed.
Lou: discussion to be kept to the list as the proper people are not here.
Greg from Jabber: See no issue
Cyril: they are on the list

> 7     14:13   7
> Title:  GMPLS OSPF Enhancement for Signal and Network Element Compatibility for Wavelength Switched Optical Networks
> Draft:  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signal-compatibility-ospf-07
> Presenter:      Young Lee
> Notes:
Dan Li presenting.
Lou: Confused by the conclusion of the discussion on the list. Not sure the resolution on the list is reflected in the current text.  Will review and send mail to the list if believes there is a disconnect.
Greg on Jabber: new version planned. We will be removing section 3.2, which has the additional options.We have that discussion in the text now. We address the sync issue in the current text

> 8     14:20   10
> Title:  OSPF-TE Extensions for General Network Element Constraints
> Draft:  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-general-constraints-ospf-te-02
> Presenter:      Fatai Zhang
> Notes:

> 9     14:30   10
> Title:  RSVP Association Object Extensions
> Draft:  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ccamp-assoc-ext-01
> Presenter:      Lou Berger
> Notes:
Julien: Let's move on. SUpport option 1.
Eric: Option 1.
Lou: one last pass and then move forward.

> 10    14:40   10
> Title:  Multi-Protocol Label Switching Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) Operator Identifier Object
> Draft:  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chen-ccamp-mpls-tp-oio-01
> Presenter:      Vero Zheng
> Notes:
Kam: LSP end can use different formats.
Vero: There has been a discussion in the MPLS
George: There is no consensus
Eve: Global control plane identifiers are a general issue, teh draft is suggesting that all across the network each domain must use the same identifiers. It is a generic issue and not a -TP issue. The one carried in the MPLS is a -TP issue.
Kam: there is no need to redefine a global identifier as identifiers can be translated.
Lou: (discussion on the comparison with the association object)
Vero: do you think carrying the Global ID is useful?
Lou: Yes as a WG.

> 11    14:50   10
> Title:  RSVP-TE Extensions to Exchange MPLS-TP Tunnel Numbers
> Draft:  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhang-ccamp-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-tunnel-num-00
> Presenter:      Fei Zhang
> Notes:

PRESENTATION FROM SECOND SESSION MOVED HERE

> 15    9:35    10
> Title:  GMPLS-UNI BCP
> Note:   This presentation will be moved to the end of session 1, if time permits
> Draft:  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-beeram-ccamp-gmpls-uni-bcp-00
> Presenter:      Igor Bryskin/John Drake
> Notes:
Eve: It seems like the VPN type of application, what's the distinction?
Igor: we provide a limit view of the underlying topology
Lou: Looking forward to see the next version with this clarified and also the scope of the draft: info, standard track.

> Adjourn       15:00
>
>         Second Session
>         Friday, November 18, 2011.
>         0900-1100 Morning Session I
>         Room Name: 3F Banquet
>
> Presentation            Start Time      Duration        Information
> 0     9:00    5
> Title:  Administrivia
> Draft:
> Presenter:      Chairs
> Notes:

> 12    9:05    10
> Title:  Label Switched Path (LSP) Provisioning Performance Management Information Base for Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) / MPLS-TE networks
> Draft:  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sun-ccamp-gmpls-perf-mib-00
> Presenter:      Weiqiang Sun
> Notes:
Lou: Does the device provide the info itself? Usually measurements are done by third devices
Weiqiang: It's not a matter of measurement, it's a matter of storing the data.
Lou: It's related to in scope work, but can I see a show of hands of how many are interested in working on this draft, no hands shown. I am not sure the WG is interested in pursuing this. Please take this to the list and see if anyone is willing to work on this.

> 13    9:15    10
> Title:  RSVP-TE Extensions for Configuration SRLG of an FA
> Draft:  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhang-ccamp-srlg-fa-configuration-04
> Presenter:      Oscar González de Dios
> Notes:
Lou: Misundertood the comments received at last meeting. Comment from last meeting was: procedures good but usage out of scope. You should take them back. We can clarify this on the list. I will flag the comments.
Oscar: Ok.
Lou: Those commenting that they did not like the application usuage. Post to the list and say \"hey, this is what I would like dropped\".
Deborah:Poll [read/not read], anyone not comfortable with taking this to the list?[no] Ok we will take this to the list.
Lou: As always you need people to indicate that they want to work on this in order to be accepted as a WG document.

> 14    9:25    10
> Title:  Requirements for GMPLS Routing for ASON
> Draft:  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wang-ccamp-rfc4258bis-00
> Presenter:      Qilei Wang
> Notes:

[Dropped at request of authors]

> 15    9:35    10
> Title:  GMPLS-UNI BCP
> Note:   This presentation will be moved to the end of session 1, if time permits
> Draft:  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-beeram-ccamp-gmpls-uni-bcp-00
> Presenter:      Igor Bryskin/John Drake
> Notes: Presentation given in session 1

[This draft was presented in session 1.]

> 16    9:45    10
> Title:  Requirements for GMPLS Control of Flexible Grids
> Draft:  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhang-ccamp-flexible-grid-requirements-01
> Presenter:      Fatai Zhang
> Notes:
Lou: [Slide Impacts on WSON: Flexible Grid Specific Info] you're introducing the spectrum definition. Why don't using the term we've been using for a while? Wavelength.
Fatai: We are trying to differentiate from existing...[missed]... flexible and fixed.
Lou: The differentiation among the two terms is something that matters only to those who are deeply involve
Fatai: Ok I can understand, we can use ITU terminology.
Deborah: its in progress, we will continue to Liason.
Malcolm: We need to be cautious about moving ahead here. There are no mention of components that suppoort it (application codes). We need a new term, it is differnt from a central wavelength. There are various things to consider versus fixed grid. This assumes tunable filters, yet this likely to be limited. Yes, inetersting but lets be a little cautious.
Lou: So to clarify. Your saying this is early.
malcolm: yes, but its dangerous to use terms that may be different.
Lou: ok and you think the term flexible grid is not enough/
Infinera:
Lou: we need to be clear (from process perspective) that we are not defining data plane functionality. We can automate though.
Jon: I am concerned with some of what is being said/presented. I think we need to wait for ITU to further evolve the work.
Julien: if we are too early for technology, so lets discuss terminology. Stacking too many terms, in our context, is a waste of time.
Eve:Agree with Malcom. Not a good idea trying to make the flexi grid fit the current terminology.
Rajan: From GMPLs perspective, we do not need to constrain ourselves.

> 17    9:55    8
> Title:  GMPLS OSPF-TE Extensions in support of Flexible-Grid in DWDM Networks
> Draft:  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhang-ccamp-flexible-grid-ospf-ext-00
> Presenter:      Fatai ZhangDaniele Ceccarelli
> Notes:

Malcolm: it will be interesting to see how extensions can be achived for routing constraints, via cross connects.

> 18    10:03   7
> Title:  RSVP-TE Signaling Extensions in support of Flexible Grid
> Draft:  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhang-ccamp-flexible-grid-rsvp-te-ext-00
> Presenter:      Fatai Zhang
> Notes:

Lou: there are some open issues being dicussed on the list, which span across multiple documents. Lets discuss those issues after the flexi-grid presentations.

> 19    10:10   10
> Title:  OSPFTE extension to support GMPLS for Flex Grid
> Draft:  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dhillon-ccamp-super-channel-ospfte-ext-01
> Presenter:      Rajan Rao
> Notes:

Lou: clarifying question, you found some issues [with WSON document xxx] so you need to send comments to the authors and ideally via the list.
Eve: if I had not been  familiar with Super Channel terminology i thought you were changing the G.872 architectural concepts. I'm really unconfortable with any work on control plane addressign super channel issues. With slices also.
Malcom: [missed]
Ghani : [slide - 8-priorities] can you explain the rationale.
Ghani Abbas: what is the rationale behing using 8 bits slices? And what has VACT to deal with flexi grid?
Deborah: we need to stick with ITU.
Rajan: yes.

> 20    10:20   10
> Title:  Generalized Label for Super-Channel Assignment on Flexible Grid
> Draft:  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hussain-ccamp-super-channel-label-01
> Presenter:      Iftekhar Hussain
> Notes:

> 21    10:30   10
> Title:  Generalized Labels for the Flexi-Grid in Lambda-Switch-Capable (LSC) Label Switching Routers
> Draft:  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-farrkingel-ccamp-flexigrid-lambda-label-01
> Presenter:      Adrian Farrel
> Notes:

> 22    10:40   10
> Title:  OSPF-TE Protocol Extension for Constraint-aware RSA in Flexi-Grid Networks
> Draft:  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhangj-ccamp-flexi-grid-ospf-te-ext-00
> Presenter:      Yongli Zhao
> Notes:

> 23    10:50   10
> Title:  Discussion & next steps on Flexible Grid
> Draft:
> Presenter:
> Notes:

> Adjourn       11:00