Re: 63rd IETF - DRAFT Agenda

Brian E Carpenter <brc@zurich.ibm.com> Wed, 20 July 2005 23:11 UTC

Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 01:11:02 +0200
From: Brian E Carpenter <brc@zurich.ibm.com>
To: wgchairs@ietf.org
Cc: Marcia Beaulieu <mbeaulie@foretec.com>, rgchairs@irtf.org, bofchairs@ietf.org
Subject: Re: 63rd IETF - DRAFT Agenda
Sender: wgchairs-bounces@ietf.org

Let's be clear: it is literally impossible to avoid all clashes.
Whatever we do, and I have full confidence that Marcia does
the best possible, there will always be some people who find
that they need to be in two or even three places at once.

When that has happened to me in the past, I have approached
the WG chairs concerned to get an idea of the likely timings,
and watched the jabber rooms in order to decide when to
switch meetings.

Now if someone is supposed to be chairing two meetings
at the same time, that can be tricky... but please try and
state that problem explicitly if it arises.

     Brian

Marcia Beaulieu wrote:
> Hisham,
>
> I have seen a few comments about the list of "conflicts to avoid" being
> ignored.
>
> Without going into a long explanation about what needs to be considered
> when scheduling
> the agenda, because there is a lot to be considered, let me assure you
> that requests are
> NOT being ignored.  It is just that not all conflicts can be avoided.
>
> Marcia
>

> At 03:15 AM 7/20/2005, Hisham Khartabil wrote:
>
>> It seems like the request to resolve the conflict between SIMPLE and
>> VOIPEER has been ignored. Dave also pointed out that VOIPEER conflicts
>> with MBONE in that session. I had earlier suggested moving SIMPLE to
>> Wednesday 1400-1630 Afternoon Session I. Would moving VOIPEER to the
>> Wednesday session instead resolve both conflicts? Or would it create a
>> new one for you, Dave?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Hisham
>>
>> On Jul 20, 2005, at 3:01 AM, IETF Agenda wrote:
>>
>>> Below, please find the latest DRAFT Agenda.  Some requests for
>>> changes have been
>>> made, in trying to make others, it created conflicts as well.  If
>>> there is
>>> something that absolutely needs to be changed, please give a
>>> suggestion, with
>>> both the working chair and area directors giving input and/or
>>> approval.  Please
>>> send comments to agenda@ietf.org
>>>
>>> Draft Agenda of the Sixty-third IETF
>>> July 31 - August 5, 2005
>>> As of 7/19/2005
>>>
>>> SUNDAY, July 31, 2005
>>> 1200-1900 Registration -
>>> 1300-1430 NewcomerâEUR^(TM)s Training (English) -
>>> 1300-1500 Routing, Bridging and Switching -
>>> 1500-1630 Newcomer's Training (French) -
>>> 1500-1700 RFC Editor Tutorial -
>>> 1500-1700 DNS Tutorial -
>>> 1700-1900 Welcome Reception -
>>>
>>> MONDAY, August 1, 2005
>>> 0800-1800 IETF Registration -
>>> 0800-0900 Beverages -
> [...]
>>> SEC   krbwg     Kerberos WG
>>> TSV   mmusic    Multiparty Multimedia Session Control WG
>>>
>>> 1600-1630 Break (Refreshments provided) -
>>> 1630-1800 Afternoon Session II
>>> INT   autoconf  Ad Hoc Network Configuration BOF
>>> INT   l3vpn     Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks WG
>>> IRTF  p2prg     Peer-to-Peer Research Group
>>> OPS   ipfix     IP Flow Information Export WG
>>> SEC   ltans     Long-term Archive and Notary Services WG
>>> TSV   rohc      Robust Header Compression WG
>>> TSV   rmt       Reliable Multicast Transport WG
>>>
>>> 1815-1945 Afternoon Session III
>>> INT   l3vpn     Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks WG
>>> INT   mip4      Mobility for IPv4 WG
>>> OPS   grow      Global Routing Operations WG
>>> SEC   hash      One-way Hash Function BOF
>>> TSV   rserpool  Reliable Server Pooling WG
>>> TSV   xcon      Centralized Conferencing WG
>>>

>>> TUESDAY, August 2, 2005
>>> 0800-1800 IETF Registration -
>>> 0800-0900 Beverages -
>>> 0900-1000 Morning Session I
>>> APP   calsify   Calendaring and Scheduling Standards Simplification WG
>>> INT   shim6     Site Multihoming by IPv6 Intermediation WG
>>> OPS   psamp     Packet Sampling WG
>>> RTG   isis      IS-IS for IP Internets WG
>>>
>>> 1000-1030 Break (Beverages provided) âEUR"
>>> 1030-1230 Morning Session II
>>> APP   lemonade  Enhancements to Internet email to Support Diverse
>>> Service
>>> Environments WG
>>> INT   mipshop   MIPv6 Signaling and Handoff Optimization WG
>>> INT   pwe3      Pseudo Wire Emulation Edge to Edge WG
>>> OPS   bmwg      Benchmarking Methodology WG
>>> RTG   pim       Protocol Independent Multicast WG
>>> SEC   secmech   Security Mechanisms BOF
>>> TSV   avt       Audio/Video Transport WG
>>> TSV   ecrit     Emergency Context Resolution with Internet
>>> Technologies WG
>>>
>>> 1230-1400 Break
>>> 1400-1600 Afternoon Session I
>>> INT   eap       Extensible Authentication Protocol WG
>>> INT   ipv6      Internet Protocol Version 6 WG
>>> IRTF  dtnrg     Delay Tolerant Networking Research Group
>>> RTG   pce       Path Computation Element WG
>>> SEC   pkix      Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) WG
>>> TSV   nfsv4     Network File System Version 4 WG
>>> TSV   sip       Session Initiation Protocol WG
>>>
>>> 1600-1630 Break (Refreshments provided) -
>>> 1630-1800 Afternoon Session II
>>> APP   rui       Remote UI BOF
>>> INT   mip6      Mobility for IPv6 WG
>>> INT   ntp       Network Time Protocol WG
>>> OPS   imss      Internet and Management Support for Storage WG
>>> RTG   l1vpn     Layer One Virtual Private Networks WG
>>> SEC   sasl      Simple Authentication and Security Layer WG
>>> TSV   behave    Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance WG
>>>
>>> 1815-1945 Afternoon Session III
>>> APP   sieve     Sieve Mail Filtering Language WG
>>> INT   mip6      Mobility for IPv6 WG
>>> RTG   rtgwg     Routing Area WG
>>> SEC   msec      Multicast Security WG
>>> TSV   ips       IP Storage WG
>>> TSV   tcpm      TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions WG

>>> 0800-0900 Beverages -
>>> 0900-1000 Morning Session I
>>> APP   ldapbis   LDAP (v3) Revision WG
>>> INT   shim6     Site Multihoming by IPv6 Intermediation WG
>>> INT   pwe3      Pseudo Wire Emulation Edge to Edge WG
>>> OPS   opsec     Operational Security Capabilities for IP Network
>>> Infrastructure
>>> WG
>>> RTG   bfd       Bidirectional Forwarding Detection WG
>>> SEC   pki4ipsec Profiling Use of PKI in IPSEC WG
>>> TSV   avt       Audio/Video Transport WG
>>>
>>> 1000-1030 Break (Beverages provided) âEUR"
>>> 1030-1230 Morning Session II
>>> APP   imapext   Internet Message Access Protocol Extension WG
>>> INT   ipdvb     IP over Digital Video Broadcast WG
>>> INT   l2vpn     Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks WG
>>> OPS   radext    RADIUS Extensions WG
>>> RTG   ospf      Open Shortest Path First IGP WG
>>> SEC   inch      Extended Incident Handling WG
>>> SEC   sacred    Securely Available Credentials WG
>>> TSV   sipping   Session Initiation Protocol Investigation WG
>>>
>>> 1230-1400 Break
>>> 1400-1630 Afternoon Session I
>>> APP   lemonade  Enhancements to Internet email to Support Diverse
>>> Service
>>> Environments WG
>>> INT   dnsext    DNS Extensions WG
>>> INT   nemo      Network Mobility WG
>>> OPS   imad      IPv4 Multicast Address Architecture BOF
>>> RTG   ccamp     Common Control and Measurement Plane WG
>>> SEC   alien     Anonymous Identifiers BOF
>>> SEC   mobike    IKEv2 Mobility and Multihoming WG
>>> TSV   tsvwg     Transport Area WG
>>>
>>> 1630-1700 Break (Refreshments provided) -
>>> 17:00-19:30 IETF Operations and Administration Plenary - Main
>>> Amphitheatre
>>> (Level 1)
>>>         Session Chair: Brian Carpenter
>>>         Welcome and introduction
>>>         Host presentation (France Telecom VP)
>>>         ISOC update (Lynn St Amour) and Postel Award
>>>              (Daniel Karrenberg)
>>>         NOC team says hello (Jim Martin, France Telecom)
>>>         IASA Report
>>>           - General report: IAOC Chair
>>>           - Operations report: IAD
>>>           - RFC Editor report
>>>           - IANA report
>>>         Tools team report
>>>         Where next? (Brian Carpenter)
>>>         Town Hall Meeting - IETF Admin and Operations topics
>>>
>>> 2200    Late Night Session
>>>         PGP Key Signing
>>>

>>> THURSDAY, August 4, 2005
>>> 0800-1700 IETF Registration -