Status of documents in Apps Area? (especially paf-documents)

Patrik Fältström <paf@cisco.com> Tue, 29 October 2002 15:52 UTC

Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 16:55:00 +0100
Subject: Status of documents in Apps Area? (especially paf-documents)
From: Patrik Fältström <paf@cisco.com>
To: wgchairs@ietf.org
Sender: owner-wgchairs@ietf.org

If you are in apps area, or related to apps area, and think you have
documents you have contacted us AD's (me or Ned) about, please let us
know what _YOU_ think the status is.

I.e. we have this new (internal) tool the IESG uses, and both Ned and
myself work hard on getting the tool correctly up to date according to
what _YOU_ think.

It is what you think that is important. If we have other status, then
either we have lost track of it, or we have forgot to tell you. In both
cases, it is our problem, not yours.

More and more of the information visible for you and others is
generated from this tool.

Note: Ned and myself (and other AD's) are in different state of
"moving" to this tool from private mechanisms. Personally, I am
currently moving all data to this tool, after using three different
mechanisms, and trusting "global search in email" for most of the work
I do. It has, as you know, not always worked. I know Ned is having a
tool which really works for him, and other AD's are already using this
shared tool 100%.

So, this request is mostly for me, so I can update all of the documents
I should know about, but, if you have a document Ned (or any other AD)
is looking at, and you have not heard about it for a while, I guess
letting them know _YOUR_ view of what the status is always helps in NOT
dropping things on the floor.

Yes, I know some of you feel you have been treated badly by me, i.e.
your document is "lost" a hundred times. But, believe me, this time I
will enter all of _YOUR_ views into this database IESG has so you don't
have to let me know again. Instead, I will be reminded extremely often
about the status.

A simple thing like one email per I-D really helps me:

Example 1: