lapbFlowCurrentMode

"Dean D. Throop" <throop@dg-rtp.dg.com> Thu, 14 May 1992 16:50 UTC

Date: Thu, 14 May 1992 12:24:04 -0400
From: "Dean D. Throop" <throop@dg-rtp.dg.com>
To: x25mib@dg-rtp
Subject: lapbFlowCurrentMode

The current lapbFlowCurrentMode object has three states for
ndm, abm, abme.  However LAPB really has a number of other
states that return interesting information.  I believe the
distinction between abm and abme is a duplicate of
information found in lapbOperControlField.  I also believe
whether the interface is up or down is a duplicate of the
information found ifOperStatus.

It would be more useful if the enumerated values were more
precise LAPB states.  The follow is a possible list of states:

	disconnected(1): initial state or DISC received

	linkSetup(2): SABM sent

	frameReject(3): Invalid frame received and FRMR sent

	DisconnectRequest(4): DISC sent

	informationTransfer(5): normal information transfer state
			SABM(E) sent and UA received,
			or SAMB(E) received and UA sent

	rejFrameSent(6): Received invalid NS and REJ sent

	waitingAcknowledgement(7): T1 expired and RR sent

	stationBusy(8): RNR sent

	remoteStationBusy(9): RNR received

	bothStationsBusy(10): RNR received and RNR sent

	waitingAckStationBusy(11): T1 expired, RNR sent

	waitingAckRemoteBusy(12): T1 expired, RNR received

	waitingAckBothBusy(13): T1 expired, RNR sent, RNR received

	rejFrameSentRemoteBusy(14): REJ sent and RNR received

	other(15): A state not listed above

Since this is last time for comments, the working group can adopt
this and start another two week call for comments or we can
disregard this comment and consider the MIB done now.

Any comments?

Dean Throop		throop@dg-rtp.dg.com