RE: [XCON] CPCP requirements to support IMS

"Drage, Keith (Keith)" <drage@lucent.com> Tue, 25 November 2003 11:37 UTC

From: "Drage, Keith (Keith)" <drage@lucent.com>
To: georg.mayer@nokia.com, drage@lucent.com, hisham.khartabil@nokia.com, peter.leis@siemens.com, xcon@ietf.org
Subject: RE: [XCON] CPCP requirements to support IMS
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 11:34:52 -0000
Sender: xcon-admin@ietf.org

While I agree it is fairly urgent to get a decision made on the protocol, you started this thread with a call for checking and possibly enhancing the requirements.

If we are not going to wait for the requirements to be complete before making a decision on the protocol, then there is not point in having a requirements phase.

I submit that we should only make a decision when we have some agreement that the requirements are reasonably stable. The only decision I saw stepping this direction at the last IETF meeting was that the requirements draft should become a WG item.

regards

Keith