RE: [XCON] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-xcon-cpcp-reqs-01.txt

hisham.khartabil@nokia.com Wed, 21 January 2004 13:36 UTC

From: hisham.khartabil@nokia.com
Subject: RE: [XCON] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-xcon-cpcp-reqs-01.txt
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 15:23:17 +0200
To: Internet-Drafts@ietf.org
Cc: xcon@ietf.org
Sender: xcon-admin@ietf.org

Let me elaborate of the changes that we made to the requirements draft:

- floor control aligned with floor control requirements document
We added a few new requirements for floor control policy (note, not floor control protocol)

- removed the concept of hidden user
As Eric pre-emptively pointed out :)
We concluded that hidden user policy can be local implementation since the moderator of the conference who sets the policy and decides who is hidden and not could be the terrorist himself. Therefore we concluded that hidden users must be allowed by network administrators for any conference and must not result is a modification to the conference policy.

Of course those hidden users must be authenticated and authorised by the network.

- anonymous membership modified
Clarified that support is only for participants that are properly authenticated but appear as anonymous to other users.

- removed "inactive"
We concluded that an administrator requiring to suspend a conference for maintenance reasons can do so by modifying the start time of the conference. It is an implementation issue whether the administrator caches the current participants and invites them back to the conference once it starts again, or requires the participants to invite themselves back in (if on the dial-in list).

- added media type requirement (e.g. audio, video)
It was apparent that a conference creator needs to indicate to the conference server what media types to INVITE uses into the conference with. Some requirements were added to enable the conference creator to set the policy for that.

Regards,
Hisham