[XCON] Comments on draft-ietf-xcon-floor-control-req-00

"Drage, Keith (Keith)" <drage@lucent.com> Fri, 02 April 2004 21:47 UTC

From: "Drage, Keith (Keith)" <drage@lucent.com>
To: xcon@ietf.org
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 15:54:41 +0100
Subject: [XCON] Comments on draft-ietf-xcon-floor-control-req-00
Sender: xcon-admin@ietf.org

I have the following comments on the above document.

1)	I understand that it has been discussed to group the requirements. I would suggest that the appropriate grouping would be in the following categories.

a)	requirements relating to floor control protocol between floor participant and floor control server
b)	requirements relating to floor control protocol between floor chair and floor control server
c)	requirements relating to management of the floor control server by the conference server.
I would suggest allocating the existing requirements as follows:
a)	REQ-5, REQ-6, REQ-8, REQ-10, REQ-12, REQ-13, REQ-14, REQ-17, REQ-18, REQ-19, REQ-a
b)	REQ-7, REQ-9, REQ-11, REQ-17, REQ-18, REQ-19, REQ-20, REQ-b
c)	REQ-1, REQ-2, REQ-3, REQ-4, REQ-15, REQ-16

2)	In REQ-6, As phrased this requirement is a floor participant requirement. The second sentence actually identifies a further missing requirement that this additional information, if available, MUST be give to the floor chair.

3)	In REQ-11, does the revoke also apply to a member of the floor control set, and thus remove that participant from the set? This is not a request for it to be a requirement to do so, merely to make clear what happens in this case.

4)	In REQ-18, it may not be necessary to allow all participants to request information about floor control requests. This may be information that is better reserved to the floor chair.

5)	In REQ-19, it may not be necessary to notify all participants about floor control requests. This may be information that is better reserved to the floor chair.

6)	Notifications to participants, and the floor chair, are controlled by CPCP. We need a new requirement to indicate that this is so, and that such control can be excercised on a per participant basis.

7)	There should be a new requirement that the floor chair can clear the current floor control set. Currently the only way the floor chair can manage the floor according to the requirements is to grant the floor and then revoke it, or to use CPCP to delete the floor entirely. If the floor chair, for example, wants to move on to the next agenda item, then then the requests of those waiting are no longer appropriate, and a new floor control set will need to be built up.

8)	Conferences can be cascaded, such that a participant of the conference can be a conference in its own right. This has equivalent impact on floors and the associated floor control servers. There should be some guidelines on what is acceptable from a fllor control perspective at day 1, and what might be left to further study.

9)	Do we require a security considerations section?

regards

Keith

Keith Drage
Lucent Technologies