[XCON] FW: I-D Action:draft-ietf-xcon-ccmp-00.txt

"Mary Barnes" <mary.barnes@nortel.com> Thu, 19 June 2008 19:27 UTC

Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 14:24:27 -0500
From: Mary Barnes <mary.barnes@nortel.com>
To: XCON-IETF <xcon@ietf.org>
Subject: [XCON] FW: I-D Action:draft-ietf-xcon-ccmp-00.txt
Sender: xcon-bounces@ietf.org

Hi all,

This document is the WG version derived from draft-barnes-xcon-ccmp-04,
that was discussed at IETF-71 and agreed as the basis for the WG
protocol document.

We have updated the document based on the feedback that the protocol
should define more discrete messages rather than just adding additional
parameters to the existing messages.  The previous version just had a
single request/response containing an operation. We've kept the concept
of operation as a parameter, but the detailed processing and parameters
for the operation can vary depending upon the type of request.

We would like WG feedback on the following points (and of course, any
other comments you might have):
1. The general document structure - we'd rather change that now rather
than later.
2. The general protocol structure, highlighted above and hopefully
fairly well documented in this version.
3. Other discrete operations that should be defined for the initial
protocol version.
4. Feedback related to "Editor's notes:" in the document.

Simon Pietro Romano has joined as a co-author - his input has been
extremely useful based on his experiences with the prototype he and his
associates demonstrated at a previous IETF (which included the floor
control and was based on a very early version of CCMP). Simon is already
in the process of updating their prototype based on the most recent data
model to incorporate some of the concepts we've defined in this protocol
document. So, hopefully, we'll have running code as we develop this
document.

We are also in the process of putting together a call flow document
(with details to be derived from the prototype) , per discussions from
IETF-71, again working with Simon and his associates. The call flows
should also help us to validate the technical content of this document,
as well as to ensure consistency with the XCON FW. We'll be starting
with the scenarios from that document, as many of those scenarios were
derived from the XCON scenarios document - RFC 4597. The plan is to
produce an initial version prior to IETF-72.

Thanks,
Mary, Chris, Henning and Simon.