RE: [XCON] CPCP Requirement: Conference package subscribers

Michael Hammer <mhammer@cisco.com> Mon, 15 December 2003 16:09 UTC

Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 11:07:52 -0500
To: "Rosen, Brian" <Brian.Rosen@marconi.com>
From: Michael Hammer <mhammer@cisco.com>
Subject: RE: [XCON] CPCP Requirement: Conference package subscribers
Cc: "'hisham.khartabil@nokia.com'" <hisham.khartabil@nokia.com>, Jari.Mutikainen@nokia.com, xcon@ietf.org
Sender: xcon-admin@ietf.org

The terms "dial-in" and "dial-out" seem very media-specific, or at least
connection-oriented-specific.  Is it necessary to have this coupling?  If
so, then you would need to not only include details of the identity of the
participant, but the nature of what they are enabled to do:

connection-oriented media type (in/out)
connectionless media
control links, ...

Perhaps this should be more of a single list of "participants" of any type,
with added attributes about what they are permitted to do, who initiates
communication.  But, that is jumping to conclusions in the requirements.

So, perhaps the requirement needs to be split apart.

Mike