[xml2rfc] Question about tables

fred at cisco.com (Fred Baker) Fri, 28 July 2006 11:55 UTC

From: "fred at cisco.com"
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 11:55:26 +0000
Subject: [xml2rfc] Question about tables

I have implemented a table in the attached beginnings of a document.
Don't think too hard about what the document is about; it is
basically a request for a hop-by-hop option number for experimental
use in a protocol extension that I think has promise but needs a lot
of work.

There is a graphic that describes the hop-by-hop option, and then a
table that talks in more detail about the fields in it. The table
comes out the way I want it to look in the html version, but in the
text version I think it needs some lines to make it look better.
Suggestions on how to get the tool to produce them?

     ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/fred/xml2rfc/RCP-Hop-by-hop-edited.txt
     ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/fred/xml2rfc/RCP-Hop-by-hop.html
     ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/fred/xml2rfc/RCP-Hop-by-hop.txt
     ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/fred/xml2rfc/RCP-Hop-by-hop.xml

The "edited" file is approximately what I would like the text of the
table to come out looking like. It is manually edited. I suppose I
could do that and then put it into an "artwork" block, but it would
be nice if I didn't have to.