[xml2rfc] xml2rfc general-purpose usage?

Jeff.Hodges at neustar.biz (Jeff Hodges) Tue, 27 June 2006 10:32 UTC

From: "Jeff.Hodges at neustar.biz"
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 10:32:58 +0000
Subject: [xml2rfc] xml2rfc general-purpose usage?

I have a section of a couple of I-D's I want to quickly re-purpose as a "plain"
webpage on one of my blog sites.

Simply saving a new copy of the .xml file, and deleting all the other
non-necessary doc sections and stuff, then running thru xml2rfc to produce
.html works well -- _except_ for the standard I-D front and back matter (eg
"Status of this Memo", "copyright notice"), which is superfluous in this case.

is there a way to turn that stuff off in the .xml?

...ah ha.... so setting the <rfc> element's "ipr" attribute to "none" does the
"right thing" for my use case...

..but from perusing the dtd, it appears from the value set of the "category"
attribute, that there isn't a way to turn off "status of this memo", yes?

I suppose I can simply edit the generated .html for my purposes, but having a
"category='plain'" option would be nice.

thanks,

JeffH