Re: [xml2rfc] Conversion issues with new xnl2rfc

Alice Russo <arusso@amsl.com> Fri, 24 May 2013 15:22 UTC

From: Alice Russo <arusso@amsl.com>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 11:22:13 -0400
To: Yaacov Weingarten <wyaacov@gmail.com>
Cc: xml2rfc@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [xml2rfc] Conversion issues with new xnl2rfc

Yaacov,

In-line below.

On Apr 29, 2013, at 3:21 PM, Yaacov Weingarten wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am attaching three files for your consideration.
> 1. draft-ietf-mpls-tp-ring-protection-06.xml - This is an XML version of a draft that I am converting to text format.
>
> 2. draft-ietf-mpls-tp-ring-protection-06.txt - This is the resulting TXT file from the older xml2rfc tool.
>
> 3. draft-ietf-mpls-tp-ring-protection-06-NEW.txt - This is the resulting TXT file from the new (beta) version of xml2rfc tool.
>
> I would like to point out the following differences in the output that I observed:
> 1. In the author list - I do not have any company affiliation, and while in the older version tool this resulted in a blank line after my name, in the newer version this blank line is omitted, giving the impression that I work for Cisco.  I might note that this anomaly was reported earlier and according to the mailing list was marked as "solved"!

Reported as http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/108
which is marked as fixed; I assume the fix will be in the next release.

Reported as http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/172

This did not seem to be reported. Added as http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/173

http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/174

> 5. There are two instances where a table is broken across page breaks in the new version that are not broken in the old version. Although this may just be an accumulation of the different number of lines per page in the new version file and not by design.

Seems to relate to http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/172
so added a comment that it applies to tables as well.

Thanks for the testing,

Alice Russo
RFC Production Center