[xml2rfc] Re: Having difficulty with the on-line xml2rfcconverter service

nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de (Frank Ellermann) Wed, 11 June 2008 18:18 UTC

From: "nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de"
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 18:18:47 +0000
Subject: [xml2rfc] Re: Having difficulty with the on-line xml2rfcconverter service

David B. Nelson wrote:

>> <URL:http://www.fenron.com/~fenner/ietf/xml2rfc-valid/>

> Yes, I did that.  It reports that all the &rfcnnnn reference
> entities are undefined, which I suppose is consistent with
> the !ENTITY definitions at the top of the file not having
> been processed successfully (which is roughly where "Line 4"
> exists).

That should not happen, those entities need to be defined.

Maybe you use relative URLs for the system identifier, if
that is the case replace them by absolute URLs, example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="US-ASCII" ?>
<!DOCTYPE rfc SYSTEM "http://xml.resource.org/authoring/rfc2629.dtd" [
    <!ENTITY rfc1034 PUBLIC ''
    'http://xml.resource.org/public/rfc/bibxml/reference.RFC.1034.xml'>
    <!ENTITY rfc1035 PUBLIC ''
    'http://xml.resource.org/public/rfc/bibxml/reference.RFC.1035.xml'>
    <!ENTITY rfc1591 PUBLIC ''
    'http://xml.resource.org/public/rfc/bibxml/reference.RFC.1591.xml'>
    <!ENTITY rfc2119 PUBLIC ''
    'http://xml.resource.org/public/rfc/bibxml/reference.RFC.2119.xml'>
    <!ENTITY rfc5226 PUBLIC ''
    'http://xml.resource.org/public/rfc/bibxml/reference.RFC.5226.xml'>
    <!ENTITY bis3330 PUBLIC ''
    'http://xml.resource.org/public/rfc/bibxml3/reference.I-D.iana-rfc3330bis.xml'>
]>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="rfc2629.xslt" ?>

<!-- no I-D - >
    <?rfc private="Creative Commons License:      Attributions + ShareAlike" ?>
    <?rfc header="Interim draft" ?>
    <?rfc footer="draft-ellermann-idnabis-test-tlds-04" ?>
<! - no I-D -->

<?rfc toc="yes" ?>
<?rfc compact="yes" ?>
<?rfc subcompact="no" ?>
<?rfc symrefs="yes" ?>
<?rfc strict="yes" ?>
<?rfc rfcprocack="yes" ?>

<rfc docName="draft-ellermann-idnabis-test-tlds-04" obsoletes="2606" category="bcp"
     ipr="full3978" xml:lang="en-GB-oed"><front>
    <title> Reserved Top Level DNS Names </title>

etc.

 Frank