Re: [xmpp] i18n summary

Ben Campbell <ben@nostrum.com> Wed, 22 December 2010 23:17 UTC

From: Ben Campbell <ben@nostrum.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 17:19:53 -0600
To: Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter@stpeter.im>
Cc: XMPP <xmpp@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [xmpp] i18n summary

(As individual)

My understanding of the original reason for splitting out xmpp-address was exactly to allow us to close on the rest of 3920bis and then take the time to handle the IDNA2008 migration right. Hopefully no one takes that to indicate that the group does not care about this. But would it help if we updated the charter milestone list to include a "move xmpp-address to IDNA2008" work item, at a fairly high priority?