Re: [xrblock] Tags and SSRC's in XR Blocks

Varun Singh <vsingh.ietf@gmail.com> Fri, 18 November 2011 10:24 UTC

From: Varun Singh <vsingh.ietf@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 18:24:07 +0800
To: "Charles Eckel (eckelcu)" <eckelcu@cisco.com>
Cc: xrblock@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [xrblock] Tags and SSRC's in XR Blocks

Hi Alan,

draft-clark-xrblock-rtcp-xr-qoe-00 has a 6-bit tag while the Measurement ID
block defines it as a 3-bit identifier.

In draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-xr-meas-identity-02#section-2: there is a 0 bit, is
this done so that the Tag field aligns across blocks? if so then there
should be 2 zero bits to cover for the new I field.

Also in the measurement identity draft:

Bits shown as '0' in the figure SHOULD be set to zero.

SHOULD be MUST?

Cheers,

Varun