[xrblock] request adoption of the merged QoE metric Reporting draft

Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com> Tue, 13 December 2011 13:40 UTC

Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 21:37:28 +0800
From: Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com>
To: xrblock@ietf.org
Subject: [xrblock] request adoption of the merged QoE metric Reporting draft

Hi, all:
Just let you know, we have submitted a new update of draft on QoE metric reporting.
This version (-05)  is a merging draft by combining draft-wu-xrblock-rtcp-xr-quality-monitoring
with draft-clark-xrblock-rtcp-xr-qoe.

The key issue we have addressed is how to support both the case where multiple elementary streams
or components(e.g.,channel of audios or multiple view) are carried in the same RTP stream
and the case where multiple elementary streams (e.g.,audio and video) are carried in the different RTP stream

Our proposal is to define three segement type to carry single Stream segement, multi-channel segment and multi-view segement.
The segement type is quite similar to chunk type specified in the RFC3611.
The single stream segment include the metrics defined in draft-wu-xrblock-rtcp-xr-quality-monitoring, also I add MOS algorithm field,
move MOS Type to this segement. This segement is used to support the case where multiple elementary streams (e.g.,audio and video)
are carried in the different RTP stream.

The multile channel audio segment  and multi view segement include metrics defined in draft-calrk-xrblock-rtcp-xr-qoe.
we use  channel ID and Sub stream ID  to identify each channel or each view. These two segements are used to support the case where
multiple elementary streams or components(e.g.,channel of audios or multiple view) are carried in the same RTP stream

The Diff is
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wu-xrblock-rtcp-xr-quality-monitoring/history/

We believe this version combing two draft can well address the issues we raised on the list and in the meeting. It is a good starting point
as the baseline draft. It will be good to see it being taken  on as wg draft.

Regards!
-Qin