Re: [xrblock] [AVTCORE] Open issue- identity info repetition indraft-ietf-avtcore-monarch

Christian Groves <Christian.Groves@nteczone.com> Fri, 27 May 2011 01:47 UTC

Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 11:46:49 +1000
From: Christian Groves <Christian.Groves@nteczone.com>
To: Colin Perkins <csp@csperkins.org>
Cc: xrblock@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [xrblock] [AVTCORE] Open issue- identity info repetition indraft-ietf-avtcore-monarch

Hello Colin, all,

I've in inherited the editorship of ITU-T H.248.48
(http://wftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/2009-2012/1103_Gen/H248_48.zip)
which defines the use of the RTCP XR monitoring architecture with H.248.
Currently the only normative reference made to any of the IETF drafts is
to draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-xr-meas-identity. So I'm trying to get a handle
on where this is going.

Could you clarify in more detail what in Section 5.2 of
draft-ietf-avtcore-monarch-01 you think needs to be changed/added?

It seems that part of your concern is that the measurement identity
block has other information than purely just an "Identity". Do you have
a problem with the other information in general or just that it is
contained in a block with the word "identity" as part of the title?

Regards, Christian