[yam] Working Group Process

S Moonesamy <sm+ietf@elandsys.com> Fri, 18 June 2010 16:06 UTC

Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 09:05:07 -0700
To: yam@ietf.org
From: S Moonesamy <sm+ietf@elandsys.com>
Cc: Chris Newman <Chris.Newman@sun.com>
Subject: [yam] Working Group Process

Hello,

This is the second time this working group is having a discussion
about the process.  I don't think I need to summarize the comments
that have been posted as the outcome is clear.

As I haven't seen any questions about the YAM WG Charter, I gather
that you all fully understand it by now.  The working group has been
given some leeway to discuss or raise issues up to now.  What
constitutes an issue is defined in the YAM Charter.

   - The working group does not intend to revise the actual protocols
in any way.

   - Semantic or syntactic changes should be avoided.

   - Substantive changes may be considered if they contribute in a substantial
     and substantive way to the quality and comprehensibility of the
     specification while not forcing a change to the exiting protocol.

Any issue raised must follow these guidelines.  Open-ended
discussions are not acceptable unless you can explain why it is relevant.

The working group adopted a process to focus strictly on advancing
email-related specifications which are already at Draft
Standard.  Its function is not to reopen or reconsider protocols or
to have noisy debates about the protocols.

If you have any questions about the above, please contact me.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy
YAM WG Secretary