Re: [yam] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC5321 (1820)

John C Klensin <john-ietf@jck.com> Fri, 31 July 2009 15:46 UTC

Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 11:46:33 -0400
From: John C Klensin <john-ietf@jck.com>
To: Alessandro Vesely <vesely@tana.it>
Cc: yam@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [yam] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC5321 (1820)

Alessandro,

My apologies if I reacted too quickly and without consulting the
archive and/or my notes.  Posting something the last day of IETF
almost guarantees that my brain will be half functional at best.
Given the history that you relate, it is conceivable that this
change is already tentatively in the preliminary (unposted)
version of 5321bis -- please check that when it is posted.

However, to restate my earlier comment...  Given that there is
now a WG with responsibility for 5321bis, I do not think it is
appropriate to make changes to the document without consulting
the WG to either approve or reject them.   If the WG approves,
then errata as a placeholder until 5321bis is approved ought to
be an extremely easy approval path, at least IMO.

    john

--On Friday, July 31, 2009 10:56 +0200 Alessandro Vesely