[yang-doctors] Yangdoctors early review of draft-ietf-opsawg-service-assurance-yang-06

Michal Vaško via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Mon, 11 July 2022 10:07 UTC

From: Michal Vaško via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: yang-doctors@ietf.org
Cc: draft-ietf-opsawg-service-assurance-yang.all@ietf.org, opsawg@ietf.org
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 03:07:10 -0700
Subject: [yang-doctors] Yangdoctors early review of draft-ietf-opsawg-service-assurance-yang-06

Reviewer: Michal Vaško
Review result: Ready with Nits

The YANG module seems to be in a good state and I only have some points for
discussion.

- identity names "subservice-idty" and "service-instance-idty"

I do not like the abbreviation "idty" and find it confusing. The other identity
"dependency-type" is using "type" despite the other 2 base identities being
some types, too, so perhaps they can be changed to "subservice-type" and
"service-instance", respectively, or some other similar name. If alternative
names are not suitable for some reason, I would prefer at least the full form
"subservice-identity" and "service-instance-identity". Similarly in the augment
modules.

- leaf "under-maintenance" and leaf "maintenance-contact"

The chosen way to model this functionality was using 2 leaves with a "when" on
the second one, which works but may be unnecessarily complex. The simplest way
would be to keep only the "maintenance-contact" leaf since its existence can be
interpreted as the true/false value of "under-maintenance", with its
description mentioning this.